Moreton Bay Hammerhead

Brian D

A combined effort to catch this north of the Pelican Banks on a 25cm bony bream, which inturn was collected with a cast net at the Coast Guard Ramp Redland Bay

Arron caught a couple of other sharks - those school whalers [img size=383]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/hammer1-8d77c93e6ca63b179f19787416cedb80.jpg

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/21 12:49

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/21 12:55

post-118-14459840593_thumb.jpg

Hey dazz it ws about 5 1/2 foot maybe a bit more - let me put it like this, I didn't want it in the boat.

I gave a good fight but I got it on my big daddy shamino and so it was allways coming to the boat.

As to many- well a few - forgot to tell you guys about he catch.

I saw it hit a bit of burley on the surface with a huge swoosh about 10 mtres from boat. Then my livey starts getting real jumpy and moving real fast. I am standing at the bait board waiting for the thing to hit, hands shaking, heart racing, bait twitching and it did, it hit the livey. Yahoooo - we're hooked. A good fight and then we drag it up onto the gunwhale, cut the wire and smack, it took off with authority. After the release it took me about 10 mins to settle down the adrenalin.I think Arron was a bit amped to. What a buzz.

The photos came out well Brian, there were quite a few photos of him taken, as he wasn't real photo friendly, the rude bugger wouldn't sit still and pose :lol: but what awesome fun it was, especially the anticpation of Brian yelling out shark when he surfaced in the burleigh trail and then watching a very nervous bony bream jig befor it got whacked, thanks for a great day Brian.

Angus, the little bronzies I caught were a little small to warrant a photo but were still fun, the good old NP dam garfish work quite well

Thanks guys

Yeah Arron, it was fun, A bit slow but I think that made the Hammer attack even better. At the end of the day I should have taken a photo of the whalers but at the time I thought we were in for a good session.

How about what we had to go through? Man, we were out there in the rain, we got flogged, nearly gave up and came home but as you see we stuck it out, crap we got wet. Had to bail water out of the hull.

Aaron H wrote:

The photos came out well Brian, there were quite a few photos of him taken, as he wasn't real photo friendly, the rude bugger wouldn't sit still and pose :lol: but what awesome fun it was, especially the anticpation of Brian yelling out shark when he surfaced in the burleigh trail and then watching a very nervous bony bream jig befor it got whacked, thanks for a great day Brian.

Angus, the little bronzies I caught were a little small to warrant a photo but were still fun, the good old NP dam garfish work quite well

Yeah they worked OK after all - there's a lot I can't use but. Here's another [img size=491]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/hammer4.JPG

post-118-144598405987_thumb.jpg

Angus wrote:

I thought bailing water out of the hull in the rain was part and parcel of Chilly D Charters :P

Angus

Hahaha very funny - I laughed :pinch: - but that was what it was like - we were soaked. (For those who don't know - I went fishing with Angus and we both nearly drowned inside the boat we got that wet):)

Arron just kept saying - the harder you work and the harder yards you put in the better the prize. He was right this day.

Archived