outboard mechanics- west side or CBD area

nadders

Anyone have a recommendation?

I wanna get the outboard serviced, had a few problems today with sudden loss of power/stalling at times. Switched fuel lines to the 2nd tank and filled that with 1 week old fuel, ran ok for a bit and then stalled again. drifted in the channel for a while then got it going again and went ok to the boat passage

getting it off the plane chugged along the passage for a while then revs died in the ass and stalled again.

spent some time scratching head anchored in the middle of the boat passage, started again fine and ran to the ramp OK

no stalls at idle when flushing this arvo

i'm guessing the filters might be dirty or there might be some old fuel circulating somewhere as we ran it empty last time then switched to the backup tank not sure how old that fuel was but wouldn't have been too bad, but we did run it completely empty

so anyway back to the actual question haha, any recommendations for a mechanic reasonably close to the CBD or western suburbs?

cheers

dan

i read rays thread there does not seem like the same problem at all lol no alarms or warning lights just a slow death for the revs leading to an eventual stall. motor was running perfect when it was getting fuel through was cruising along then down down down dead.

i will take it to coorparoo marine sounds like they are the goods cheers fellas :D

Archived