Somerset 27/04/09

STU

Hit the dam this morning with mate from work noticed a bit of that weed floating around the dam from the stanley so atleast it is breaking up from up there checked a few spots early that were pretty shut down with only a few scatterd bass so went for a look up at the timber still alot of weed around the edges which was a pain so headed back to my spots to see alot better showings of bass that where active we got 8 bass and 1 eel tail my mate was happy to score his first bass on a blade at somerset.

I got a few 1kg fish to 40cm on blades which kept me happy:)

my first 2 in afew casts [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/somerset_27.jpg

No bank spanking mate all in about 20ft of water around pelican point and yeah I fished as a non boater since I had never been there before. I got 28th and plasticman got 10th plenty of under size caught there I had David green the first day he only got one little just legal first session and we both got 1.1kg bag in second session on deep suspending bass on plastics he showed me how to pierce there swim bladder which was a good tip that I needed to know,the second day was a bit crap I wish I took my own boat that way I could do what I wanted would of done better I reckon but thats what you put up with when yor a non boater

Archived