Trolling Hardbodies for Bass

purple is a popular colour of lure for alot of fisherman in the deep divers.

On a colour spectrum chart purple is the last colour to disapear in a blacked out enviroment. The actual last colour of purple to disapear in a blacked out enviroment on the colour spectrum chart is plum purple.

Most popular trolling depth is 20ft in 25ft of water, or 12ft in 16ft of water close to the bank. Warning as the water rose quickly at NPD be carefull trolling for the 1st 2k from the boat ramp as this was high and dry so there is an underwater jungle down there. Arm yourself with a combination of HBs of different depths and DO take a tackleback with you as this dam has a lot of rough stuff on the bottom. Purple has always been the most popular colour, but arm yourself with a vatiety of colours to see what works on the day, some of my most used lures are Brolgas from Smak Aust,Ridgeback Lures,Flicks from Kingaroy,Blitz Baga,Hot Lips,RMG poltergeist etc etc most of these I have in diff sizes. Dont be in a hurry to bag a 60cm take a little time to get used to trolling 1st, learn where the main river bed is and try and follow it. I usualy troll from spot to spot, cant see any sense in not having a lure in the water,you never know when you are going to get whacked. Good luck.

Dinodadog wrote:

Most popular trolling depth is 20ft in 25ft of water, or 12ft in 16ft of water close to the bank. Warning as the water rose quickly at NPD be carefull trolling for the 1st 2k from the boat ramp as this was high and dry so there is an underwater jungle down there. Arm yourself with a combination of HBs of different depths and DO take a tackleback with you as this dam has a lot of rough stuff on the bottom. Purple has always been the most popular colour, but arm yourself with a vatiety of colours to see what works on the day, some of my most used lures are Brolgas from Smak Aust,Ridgeback Lures,Flicks from Kingaroy,Blitz Baga,Hot Lips,RMG poltergeist etc etc most of these I have in diff sizes. Dont be in a hurry to bag a 60cm take a little time to get used to trolling 1st, learn where the main river bed is and try and follow it. I usualy troll from spot to spot, cant see any sense in not having a lure in the water,you never know when you are going to get whacked. Good luck.

That last bit sure makes sense Dino,make the most of your time on the water. I'm planning on letting Caleb troll in the front of the canoe while I do the paddling when we hit the dam.

Archived