QT...do they just like to make things dificult?

goldnugget

Well I finally managed to get hold of an unregistered vehicle permit to move the boat and trailer I'm picking up from Sharker on Sunday....couldnt do it yesterday 'cos Ipswich Show Day and both offices (Ippy and redbank) were closed....had to work today, going past the Ippy office, quick hand brake to discover a line making its way out the door just for a ticket...plan C...drop off the workvan, do the school kids run and then to Redbank. Get there grab a ticket straight away (contrary to the sign that says 'make sure your forms are filled in before you get a ticket)..had a look...sweet, only 15 people ahead of me....plenty of time to fill in the form. So I fill the form in and end up getting to the counter at 4.15 (closing at 4.30)...first problem....'youve indicated the trailer has plates...we cant give you permit until you hand in the plates :( ' So I explain I dont have them yet...she says..no gotta have the plates...so I say, look its not even attached to the trailer its on a light bar...my mistake the 'trailer' does not have plates on it :huh: . Then we get to the 'transport from and transport to' part...I forgot the street address that sharker is on (required on the form...suburb not good enough)...so I say do you have a refidex...she looks at me with that 'you idiot look' and says, can you ring someone to find out (all details sitting at home), I say no. I say...All I need is a map, I know where it is, just forgot the name...she says, if you can find it in the next 5 minutes, come back to my desk and I'll issue it...thinking I have no hope. So I bolt towards Target (same level on the look out for a directory, spotting a bookshop on route, duck in find the street name and bolt back with-in 2 minutes...figured I deserved it, she gave me the permit. Then I say..(with other forms I grabbed while waiting) when I re-register the boat and trailer, are these the right forms? She looks, gives me some extra forms including the self assessment form for all the measurements etc....So I say...these details are already on the system from the old rego, cant I just use that...can you print me a copy?....then she gave me that 'You are an idiot' look again....So I'm really looking forward to going through the registration process when it comes up...luckily not the Redbank office..they dont issue plates :S .

when i rego the caravan a month ago redbank plains was good .took a ticket went to counter asked for forms ,all good.

filled out forms went to Ipswich friday arvo very late it was a mad house ,but service was good and was in and out fairly quick.they even help me with the bits i didn't fill out.

i would usually say like hulk say and have a hard time etc .but my last 2 trips there where good must have been my lucky days.

went down to my local trans dept not long ago and a fella came out the door and said don't bother the line hasn't moved in about an hour so i turned around and went back another day to, somethings you look forward to but not this place

I'll let AFO into my little secret.....Rosalie QT office.

I've never waited more than 15 minutes for anything there.

But they don't do inspections. Just basic rego and licence stuff. Worth the drive across town, just to save the agro of wasting time sitting amongst smelly people

Used to be a big lazy shiela at the Mt Gravat office when I was a young fella,(20 odd years ago) she would never lean under a bonnet to check a motor out properly.

Yes of course those toyota motors were red and had 6 cylinders, I'll just read the number off the block for you shall I? Didnt have to worry about those solid engine mounts etc etc, she was never gunna see em!

Pretty slack up Nambour way to, had a friend of a friend register an original group G Rally car he has restored there, no questions asked, didn't bat an eyelid at the body or what was under the bonnet (This is a seriously modified car, EG to tune the webbers, you open the glove box!)

Archived