sick of bogans

nadders

Probably not just me, but i'm getting so sick of bogans with no common courtesy or social values rocking up at fishing spots and putting sh%t all over the ground, having no respect for fish, etc..

at one of my locals i was there getting bait and like a whole family of them came down, no worries about having the family there thats not what i'm complaining about, one of them was loud and obviously trashed but still not pissed off about that,

its when the nets start flying, random fish are caught "whats that? dunno.. just leave it there" while a big boney bream etc is flapping helplessly on the deck while they go back to netting, mess everywhere.. come back past the spot on my way back to the car and i see a mountain of empty rum cans and crap all over the place..

i mean jeez if you're going to bring your kids and family out fishing at least set an example for them?

rant over, please share your own bogan experiences if you wish

Could not agree with you more!!! like the shorncliff pier great family friendly spot and when you get there bloody drunks all over the place, like the fish they have caught they just chuck anywhere. and they cut the tails of stingrays and swear at the sea birds.

PLUGGa

Hahaha AMEN BOYS! If theres something that really gets me seeing red it's people who do not respect fish or our waterways and litter.. Speaking of litter - Nadders you left your scissors at Brett's on Saturday night.. I've given them a good home.. Haha nah kidding mate but you said you were coming back so I left them.. Nice little Jew on the squid by the way.

Just dickheads that dont know any better mate and sadly its a never ending cicle passed on from parents to kids etc :angry: People need to get a grip ans stop destroying our country,and yes that comes from a kiwi who is now aussie, so to all bogans,go destroy ya own back yard,oh thats right it already is :P

Dean ;)

Totally agree mate. One day Keechie and I were at the Pine there was this jerk who caught a Bream not even legal and he just gutted it while it was alive and put it in his crab pot and threw it out. He did some stuff alot worse aswell but I don't want to say it on here. :dry:

I can sympathise with your experience as I have had many encounters of similar behaviour.

I could rant for pages and pages but what pisses me off the most is rocking up to a fishing spot and finding empty cans and bottles, most of the time they are smashed within a vicinity of a fire. That really pisses me off to no end, if you want to get drink/get drunk and don't know how to dispose of your rubbish then piss off home, why ruin a beautiful place and threaten a possible closure further down the track with such behaviour.

Today I encountered a similar thing. Few days ago found a nice away little spot and caught a few littlies so decided to head back today with some lures to fish a channel. I did score my first bream on a lure :woohoo: (even though was under size). Then down to where the channel meets the river we find a smouldering fire, rubbish everywhere and even stuff like a pram....such a scenic place, so quiet then you see crap like this, makes me wish we didnt have gun laws sometimes. Every time I'm the one that picks up after the tools just to still bring some serenity to the area to keep me coming back

hey i'm a bogon.

hey i live in Ipswich too.well redbank plains comes under ipswich council area.

well sort of a bogon just not a dickhead.

see heaps of it and them around here almost every park and spot.

no wonder most of the parks are locked at night around here.

went to kholo bridge chasing bass.there was rubbish ,fire spots and glass everywhere ,really made it look shit.some1 had dumped a trailer load of car parts there.

it would be a nice are is it was clean ,motor bikes and hoon's in there car that i can take.

now the dump is 10 min down the road and cost 6$ why dump it in the bush.

glass really pisses me off always picking it up when camping.kids cut there feet so easy.

also i hoped out of a car 1 night and had my feet cut open by broken glass.it wrecked my thongs and cut my feet to threads. wrecked my night ,had to rap my feet in rags and go to the hospital.

go fishing have a fire have a beer .use existing fire spots .drink beer from can.

take the rubbish home or there usually a bin about.don't kill fish just for the hell of it.

everywhere u buy stuff they give u a plastic shopping bag,perfect for the empties and rubbish .

that's part of the problem it being passed from 1 generation to the next.

they need education.

i guess that why we all take people fishing, camping, 4x4 etc.

so they learn the right ways.

bravoboy wrote:

makes me wish we didnt have gun laws sometimes.

I have to ask you what would you do if you did have a firearm ???? :angry: :angry:

I'm a Shooter and it's dumb assed comments like that make life hard for legit firearm owners

Keep it in prospective bud /Yes you touched a nerve :angry:

Have the police and DPI on speed dial and report it when you can is a much better option :woohoo:

the truth of it all life in prison is not worth it and I doubt you'd have the balls to use it when confronted BUT they would :angry:

Don't get me wrong I in now way condone this bogan behavior but guns are not your answer

Gaz

kiwifisho wrote:

Just dickheads that dont know any better mate and sadly its a never ending cicle passed on from parents to kids etc :angry: People need to get a grip ans stop destroying our country,and yes that comes from a kiwi who is now aussie, so to all bogans,go destroy ya own back yard,oh thats right it already is :P

Dean ;)

Thats why they should be sterilised.

yeah sure is a problem. been fishing on the bank a few times and it's made me realise why i went to a boat years ago. near fishermans island it's litter and fishing line strewn everywhere..on the jetty you get the old bogan banging on like he's your mate then throws a net over the squid your trying to catch. :angry: lived on bribie for a while,it took the cops and an up grade of the jetty to get the drug dealers off there at night. so i guess it's up to everyone else to report it. not easy though because the last thing you want to do when going fishing is to dob people in or get into confrontations. thing is they look like fisherman and their behaviour stains us all. greens will have a field day with this one day. when they try to ban fishing altogether :(

Gazza wrote:

bravoboy wrote:
makes me wish we didnt have gun laws sometimes.

I have to ask you what would you do if you did have a firearm ???? :angry: :angry:

I'm a Shooter and it's dumb assed comments like that make life hard for legit firearm owners

Keep it in prospective bud /Yes you touched a nerve :angry:

Have the police and DPI on speed dial and report it when you can is a much better option :woohoo:

the truth of it all life in prison is not worth it and I doubt you'd have the balls to use it when confronted BUT they would :angry:

Don't get me wrong I in now way condone this bogan behavior but guns are not your answer

Gaz

It was meant as a joke....but still wankers that do that sort of thing should deserve a harsh punishment in my books, a simple slap on the wrist wouldn't do anything to them

I sort of understand what a Bogan is, I assume the English equivalent is Pikey. Can someone define the term "Bogan". TIA!

Pikey; (from Urban Dictionary)

Originally a harmless slang name for a gypsy and/or traveller, being derived from the word 'turnpike.'

Now generally regarded as a term of abuse that encompasses any persons perceived as common, tasteless, flashy, in-bred, thieving and a whole host of other sins, the primary term is still applied to gypsies.

Once thought of as the type of person who sold you useless lucky heather whether you wanted it or not, the pikey is now the type of person who will uselessly tarmac your driveway whether you want it or not.

A popular hobby amongst pikeys is collecting; mainly dogs, horses, scrap metal and stolen goods.

"Jesus, mate, who did your patio; a gang of pissed-up pikeys?"

people like that have no idea! it all starts at home, just cause they live in there own shit they think we all have to! go home take ya shit with ya learn some respect for the planet and everything living on it and dont come back till yas do. wankers!

North Pine Dam. Twice now I've walked passed a group of blokes on the way to one of my quieter fishing spots to find a heap of rubbish. The first time it was a Woolies hot chook bag, an empty 2L orange juice bottle, chip packets, smoke packets and the chicken carcass in the water. The plastic shopping bags that everything came in were also thrown about the place.

The second time it was a Chinese meal. Every damn container was thrown in different directions. I found most of the empty beer bottles and prawn chip packets, a large empty green tea bottle floating in the water. Empty smoke packets. Once again two plastic shopping bags were just left on the ground. There is a bin on the track that you have to pass to get to this spot.

Part of the reason I fish this spot is because it's so quiet, with nature all around. Really quite beautiful.

Slack mongrels [img size=432]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/26_.jpg

post-1750-144598493299_thumb.jpg

[img size=360]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/26_-815b835360f59a4446c437c32eb670c4.jpg

The bag after I'd found almost everything. I'm sure a lot of Fishos at North Pine have come across these guys. They have a little radio playing crappy sounding vietnamese radio or something and carry way too many fishing rods to be anywhere near legal.

I once kicked a tiny catfish back into the water that they had sitting on the bank gasping for air. They followed me down the track grumbling some rubbish. I hooked a nice yellowbelly and they were my best friend until I let it go again:laugh:

post-1750-144598493303_thumb.jpg

I was down at Wello the other week and there was this group of "blokes" of all different ages sitting in the carpark in a circle around a litle gas stove boiling a billy and drinking coffees, talking and laughing loud. Some even had camp chairs. All oblivious to what was going on around them (except some seemed to notice backpackers getting changed in the back of a van). One of them started winding fishing lines together with a strange contraption. They must have been there hogging a parking spot for near-on 2 hours.

It was all very weird.

chris_stewart14 wrote:

Hahaha AMEN BOYS! If theres something that really gets me seeing red it's people who do not respect fish or our waterways and litter.. Speaking of litter - Nadders you left your scissors at Brett's on Saturday night.. I've given them a good home.. Haha nah kidding mate but you said you were coming back so I left them.. Nice little Jew on the squid by the way.

haha no kidding i didn't realise that was you. You are the fella who's rod almost went for a swim right?

yeah i found my scissors last night lol. still waiting for that big jewie to come out of the woodworks though

I used to live in Ipswich before movign to the UK. I used to fish at the Kholo section of the river and also at Colleges. These were generally good spots however the hoons did wreck it all when you'd come back with the canoe and try and get it out of the water but you'd have to watch you didn't step on broken glass or hooks left lying on the ground.

really frustrating! Hope it is fixed before i get back from the UK!

im just annoyed that EVRY single fishing area has been tainted by those who are too lazy to clean up, the councils have done their part and placed bins at every boat ramp and everywell used fishing area but it all bouils down to the fact that humans are lazy.

walking around blad hills boat ramp the other day while wasting time at work (hehe love daytime mobile patrol so much free time) there are about 3-4 bins at the ramp including fixed bins and wheelie bins, but a quick walk along the mangroves and what do you see?...

tweed bait bags, fire ash, old car gearbox, fishing line, ropes, fish guts, further along the walking track i saw a crab pot in the water and was sussing the spot out as to whether it lookeed like a good spot to fish from and looked into the mangroves next to it and saw a quite large bream that had just been thrown in theer after been caught :(

basically any fishing spot you are guarenteed to find trash somewhere :( and its unfortunate that its up to us responsible fishos to clean up the mess of the yobbs who trash everything in the name of getting drunk and fishing :(

but its just not fishing areas, when i used to work for the council L.A.S. we would have to clean up the bus stop on corro drive opposite the toowong shopping centre 3 times a week from the douche bags dropping so much rubbish at the stop, amnd get this there are 2 bins at that bus stop, 1 is only 2meters from the stop the other is 5meters from the stop, its not hard to walk 2 meters on your way tothe bus to drop your litter FFS, and dont get me started about the number of shopping trollies dumped at the bus stop as well, at least 18+ a day we always counted

Archived