NPD 13/5/09

rayke1938

Never fear LGM I have done this trip twice now. Feral actually picked up that 52cm Bass after I trolled through that spot going the other way :blush:. I'm not one to crowd out spots so I was about to move on when I saw them taking the pics of it. As I said yesterday Feral, well done mate! Great Fish. I reckon I did probably about another 1 or 2kms over what Feral did in my yak. Got 9 Bass with the biggest going 42cm. Got four off the schools all on the small side 32cm or so. Lost a ripper which I reckon was gonna rival my PB but it didn't stick :S

I had most luck on dark colour Jackall RS-225 and LittleMax blade for the schools. Lost another bloody spinnerbait again too. That's three NPD has of mine now :angry:

On a funny note I chucked a few lures at the big tree near the boundary markers and there were two Long Necked cormorants(not sure if thats correct) resting on the tree. They saw me and one flew off came around and kicked the other one off and so on and son on. It went on for about 5 mins. :lol:

Cheers

Geoff

[img size=800]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00368small.JPG

post-5461-144598493327_thumb.jpg

Yeah thanks mate. What I have found is that once you get a reall good grip on the lip the tend to do as they are told. However getting a hold of this is a tricky prospect. I'm not really all that happy putting my fingers into the mouth with still lodged trebles in it as well. :P I forgot my pliers that day so I had some difficulty getting the trebles out on some of them.

The other thing i have noticed is that the bigger fish have a real purple tinge to their bottom lip and jaw. Interesting.

Cheers mate

Archived