what everyone think about the matty johns saga?

zan0_15

I don't want to get into the politics of the matter but i will miss him from the footy show. With sterlo, chief and now matty all leaving the show i personally don't think it's worth watching anymore especially since Voss is now on it :X I think the show's days are numbered :(

Um I didn't know her prior to this episode but presumably um, I'm led to believe that this is as a result of what happened to her at that time.

Psychiatrists reported that she was suicidal, had cut her wrists several times and bought a rope to hang herself with.

From one massive presumption to another, she's obviously a head case attention seeker. Firstly by rooting footy players, then by being "suicidal" and finally by going on tv 7 years after. Somebody teach her to tie a knot or give her a decent knife...

He helped raise millons of dollars for charities such as The Sony Foundation though. And the laughter he provided for years to people on TV and at childrens hospitals must count for something too. It may not make him a great man, but by using his success to benifit others, that must make him a little more than a successful footy player

Don't really think he deserved everything he got (in terms of legalities, not moralities), but I also don't know all the facts, so I can't be certain either way

waldo wrote:

Excerpts from the 4 corners program

NEVILLE JENKINS, DETECTIVE SGT CHRISTCHURCH POLICE: "Um she was a nice girl. She was young, um naïve, not worldly, just a growing up teenager. But even for 19 she was quite young I felt."

SARAH FERGUSON: Afterwards in the car park, Matthew Johns told Four Corners, he went up to Clare and said he was sorry about the other guys coming into the room.

NEVILLE JENKINS, DETECTIVE SGT CHRISTCHURCH POLICE: Yeah, I saw a young woman struggling with life. Um I didn't know her prior to this episode but presumably um, I'm led to believe that this is as a result of what happened to her at that time.

Psychiatrists reported that she was suicidal, had cut her wrists several times and bought a rope to hang herself with.

Yep that all sounds like she was consenting to me. :angry:

whoa. you've just made it sound like John's and the other blokes raped this shelia. not once on the 4 corners program did I hear anyone say it wasn't consensual. From what I gather it is the behaviour of group sex by the players and the woman that is being questioned.

Some questions that weren't asked but I figure shoudl've been

1. What the hell was she doing going back to a motel room with 2 players to begin with ? Please don't anyone suggest it was to just to talk....

2. Why should anybody's sex life and how it is conducted be held up to public criticism? Nobody would say boo if it was homosexual group sex, so what makes hetro group sex something taboo.

3. Why did she make the event public? I can't remember hearing John's or the other blokes involved wanting to bring shame on her by talking about it publicly?

4. I wonder how much money she will make from selling her story to New Idea?

5. What would her counselling psyc would make of her revengful behaviour?

I'm sure if you were a 19 year old girl surounded by 12 footballers you wouldn't have felt intimidated at all? Nah you guys would have just got up and kicked all their butts right?

I think you're stretching the bow here mate, all she had to say was stop. or no more. to suggest otherwise infers you honestly think she was raped. which means you should watch the show again if you made a recording.

Was John's stupid to believe he wouldn't have to pay the price for behaving stupidly. Dunno. But I bet he would've been a bit more careful if he thought he'd have a public broadcasting career after footy.....

Should women remember to behave a little more suspiciously around drunk men? It's what I drummed into my daughter, along with lessons in a martial art IF no doesn't seem to have the required effect.

Personally I think Johns and his drugo brother are tossers. I have a severe disliking of the footy show. That said what MJ does in his own time is his business. If it's behind closed doors its none of our business. Most definitely all parties need to be in mutual consent if not then its rape. So far as the police reports and the media have shown was not the case. I think she didn't realise until later on how this would affect her. If she had said NO at any stage and they continued then its rape but did she say NO. She must have been too drunk and too out of it to realise what she was doing until a couple of days later when she felt used like a bag of meat.

This is just a trial by media. I heard Tracey Grimshaw on the radio today saying it looks like he is "guilty". So is she (the media) the judge jury and executioner??? They just want a good story to go on about and get some people watching their shows. He is the fall guy. The other blokes in the room should be outted by the media too if they are the justice system all rolled into one.

Sick of the media making light of peoples personal lives. I know blokes who have been with two chicks(consensual of course), so what! What they do in their own time is their business. What I will they do next? Ask TV personalities how many times they snog their wives and how they do it in the private of their own homes!! Give me a break !!

Umm that’s my two cents.

i too am sick of the media making things like this into a big deal for everybody to see. As long as the facts are that it was consentual for all involved (i don't know if these are the facts, but thats what we are being told) i am of the opinion that nobody has the right to be angry with anyone other than themselves if they were involved and feel they have dissapointed themselves.

i am also of the opinion that morality as a concept is in the eye of the beholder and we don't necessarily have the right to judge others as being 'immoral' unless an act is directly affecting someone else who is not consenting. i.e the girls family is not being directly affected by MJ and co, they are being affected but if it was not forced on the girl then they only have their daughter/whatever to blame

digging this up 7 years later is just disgraceful and i cannot see it as anything but a cash grab.

if it were my daughter/girlfriend/etc i dont believe i have the right to be angry with the players involved, if it was her choice it was her choice and if i as a family member feel the need to be righteous and angry with someone it should be her

i also get annoyed when the "respect to women" issue is dragged around, i don't see how this shows a lack of respect for women in general, lets face it a group of people had a gang bang the woman involved consented to it (if thats the case), i don't see where the disrespect to women in general is conceived from this.

if on the other hand the facts are that she was not consenting and it was pressured/forced then all of what i have said does not apply and those involved should be dragged across the racks in my opinion.

I find it hilarious that channel nine would use Tracy Grimshaw to ridicule the misbehaviour of Matty Johns on that drunken night.Wasn't one Tracy Grimshaw so drunk after a logies about 8 years ago that she awoke to go to the toilet in the middle of the night and ended up naked in the hallway using a newspaper to cover her modesty. Bloody hipocrite

hulk wrote:

Wasn't one Tracy Grimshaw so drunk after a logies about 8 years ago that she awoke to go to the toilet in the middle of the night and ended up naked in the hallway using a newspaper to cover her modesty. Bloody hipocrite

Gee thanks Hulk! Thats an image burned in to my brain I did not need!

I'm sure if you were a 19 year old girl surounded by 12 footballers you wouldn't have felt intimidated at all? Nah you guys would have just got up and kicked all their butts right?

You telling me that her voice didn't work, tell them no, stop or even scream rape as loud as she could????? I've met girls that are into alot more than multiple partners, from 18yrs to 40+, they are not all the angels they would like you to believe!

i think she is a dead set money grabber, what pisses me though is the media just want to find out who else so they can cut them down as well yet one person ( a female too) that worked with her has come out and said she bragged about it afterwards and there not interested in running more of a back ground investigation on her? the media's portrayal had been nothing but one sided on the matter. i have done stuff i look back on and think i wouldnt do that again if i had my time over and thats what this chick is going through except she has found a way to get cash for it. the only thing i think he is guilty of is cheating on his mrs and thinking with brain 2 intsead of brain 1.

I think the chick is just after a bit of money!! She didn't seem too traumatised by the whole thing when she was bragging to her work mates that she routed a football team!!

I do think it is disgusting though.....but that's footballers for ya.... that will never change!!

Archived