How many rods do you take fishing?

rayke1938

I normally take 3 rods when on a dam trip.

One prerigged for bait fishing. light 6 footer with calcutta 6lb braid, paternoster rig with sinker already tied on just needs hook attaching to loop.

One 7 ft spin t curve . twinpower 2500 , 12 lb braid prerigged with norman speed clip for throwing spinnerbaits or lures etc.

One egrell s4 twinpower 2500 15 lb braid 20 lb leader ( normally my rod used for bank fishing on NPD so rigged for ripping lures out of weed etc) for trolling also prerigged with norman speed clip.

I used to take 4 but found that the boat tends to get a bit cluttered .

I do tend to fish a bit heavy but reckon with all the effort that I put into catching something I want to land it. Also as I tend to release a lot of my fish reckon thet it tends to not stress them so much as spending 10 minutes playing them out.

How many rods do you take ?

Cheers

Ray

hey mate

i take

my alphas r edition-gl3 with a pre rigged bibbless minnow 23lb braid with 30lb leader

td sol and sol rod with 23lb braid pre rigged with a basic rig

also my stradic 2500 on a gl2 with 4lb leader and 3lb main line with a soft plastic

there my river rods

ooook i take.....

when river bashing for threadys, jew, snapper and then bream and cod and all that stuff.

daiwa monster mesh pe2-4-penn spinfisher 650ssm/ twinpower 10000 (will be getting this twinpower in a couple of weeks)

shimano curado 200e5 with 16lb braid and 40lb leader and gl2 for jackalls for snapper n jew

stradic 2500 with 10lb or 4lb spool braid with berkley dropshot im6 for plastics

Hey guys,

i usually take 3 or 4. I have two set up the same for flatty and bigger fish so taht when I get snapped off I'm not wasting tiem re reigging to get in the water again. One for flicking lures around and one rigged for Bream and whiting.

A very open ended question :silly: no offence ment

I think it largely depends on the trip planned :)

I hate to be caught with my pants down so usually go with a set up for any thing I might encounter or need to make the trip eventful from 2lb light spin up to 25kg braid outfits

like I said open ended :woohoo: :IE boat/ land based / specific fish targeted ?????

or exploring new territory ??? :woohoo: requires alot of gear or does it????

a bigger question is what tackle do you take ? most lures work in both fresh and salt do I take slugs /deep divers/poppers /spinner baits etc etc then do I need to take bait soaking gear and what sizes ? big sinkers small sinkers the list can go on forever

Sorry but I find posts like this useless :(

each to his own If I told you I only take 1 outfit or 100 would it make a difference to you take what you can or want to :silly:

Gaz

Yeah totally depends on the fishing of course.

For example Ray today I wish I had followed your and John's example and taken 3.

1 for trolling.

1 for casting.

1 for bait.

However fishing somwhere like the Stanly, long walks, thick jungle. One multi purpose rod is the go. Maybe two spools if i am feeling creative.

Angus

Archived