Colleges Crossing 16/5/2009

mongrel jack

Hi All,

The boy and I went for a paddle at Colleges Crossing yesterday and I was shown up by an 8 year old in the fishing department. Thought I would post a couple of photos. We caught 2 flathead and 1 bream in about an hours paddling all on hard body lures. The river out there is in awesome condition and we're keen to get out again with a bit more time on our hands!

Cheers....

[img size=600]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC01544__600_x_450_.jpg

post-4724-14459849382_thumb.jpg

nice

nice spot

nice to get out there with the kids

good going young fella getting a few fish

we like to bbq fish canoe about there.

was going to try to get there today but no luck.

will get out there after SOO .

i reckon the place would go off in a canoe with fishing and exploring.

this reports make me think my reckoning is right :)

Yeah Davo - awsome spot. I have only been fishing there twice and before joining this site would never have guessed you would get bream and flathead there. I've got a lot of exploring to do and methods to try so am looking forward to it. The condition of the fish was awsome too - the silver colour of the bream was almost as good as any sea bream I have seen.

no worries it my rough 1/2 educated guess where they are.

i think the scouts land runs from the corner right up the the green triangle .

been a few years since i have been to allawah.

give us a yell next time u are going for a paddle .i'm keen to do it.so far all we have canoed is around the lake at collages on the hire canoes.but got my own canoe now.

have fished the old weir and down from it .and fished collages both side of the bridge and the lake area.

behind the lake and up to the old weir look very fishy area,by the maps and driving past.i did plan a walk from collages around the lake and along the thin land .

there is a track,but i'm lazy so haven't walked it yet.

canoeing sound easier ride the tide up.or use a electric.:)

No worries - will do. Last time I went was in my canoe, got into trouble with the tide running in and ended up having to lug the canoe over that thin stretch of land you mentioned (broke the lecie outbourd bracket :blush: ) - no joy in that so will try and work out the tide difference there so can plan on going with it instead of against it (had no idea the tide ran that hard that far up river).

Archived