Jacobs well?

dan25

Hey guys

Dad an i are thinking of headin to the coast this weekend... for a days fishing.

We're targeting anything mainly on bait but am not sure on were we should go.. thiniking of hiring a boat at jacobs well or somewhere near there but have never fished there before and am not to sure on what its like?? we also thinking of just headin to the coomera again but am not sure how its fishing atm, is it to fresh still?? Any advice on were to go or were to hire a tinny?? would be great..

Thanks

Dan

I havent fished jacobs in a couple of years. The last time I was there a few mates and I hired a house boat from runaway bay and it was flathead madness! We were pulling up lizzards from 5cm to a 90+ model we lost try to get in the net:( There were shovelnose, flounder, shark, breambos and whiting.

If you go to jacobs boat hire it's a short ride to the bedroom and tipplers which are nice spots.

Hmmmmm maybe I should get down there again I think I've convinced myself:woohoo:

thanks mate, sounds great

i just thought of this spot, been there a few times and caught a few nice bream, and last trip hooked something descent got it to the net and it got off.. appeared to be a 40cm-50cm or so trevally.. might be worth another try.. anyone had much luck there??

/>http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/t_standard2.aspx?pid=2160

Hey Dan,

Was out there today. First time, not too bad, a lot of flathead as whiskers suggested. I just posted so have a look at that for the details.

I also found this thread in the AFO which provides a local map, I used it today and it was pretty good, at least it'll get you started.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum?func=view&id=168301&catid=11#168301

good luck mate hope you get a few.

cheers

steve

thanks mate, just checked with dad and he's decided to make it another week :(

but.. we're still thinking of heading to the coomera river either sat or sun..

anyone fished it lately?? last time i was their it was way to fresh

yeh feral unfortunetely i only found out that it was on this weekend this arfternoon, kinda dissapointed but should still get to go for a fish in the spot near the courts :)

the coomera will probably be to fresh after all the rain thats coming anyway...

Archived