First time to Noosa

Fosh n Chops

Hi all,

I have decided to treat myself to a little fishy holiday to Noosa for my birthday this weekend. I have never been there before and can see alot of good looking rivers and canals on google maps.

Does anyone know of any decent spots around there that I can fish from the the bank? I imagine there would be bream and flatties in there yeah?

Any advice on Noosa would be very handy.

Cheers ;)

Mate there a few reports in the North Coast section worth a look.

You can search them on the forum search engine.

One of my favourite land based missions to do is quite good if your keen.

I start at the Noosa River Mouth. You can drive all the way to it by going to the very end of hastings street and then keep following that road. Following the beach around you have every sort of terrain you could want from the river:

* Rock Walls.

* Sand Banks.

* Mangrove Drop Offs.

* Sandy drop offs.

* Tree's fallen into the water etc.

Its a great walk.

If you follow the point aaaaaaaaaaalll the way around you end up back close to your car in Woods Bay. Yet another good fishing spot for the noosa river.

Other land based spots id suggest are Munna Point, try live baiting the little channel that flows into the lagoon there.

If your keen for a rock/surf fish, the national park is also well worth a walk. With the weather predicted for this weekend though it could be a bit hairy and id personally stick the river. That original river mouth walk I tond you about will provide plenty of sheltered areas.

Oh and in relation to species, the river mouth walk has everyting from flathead, whiting & bream, to trevs, tailor and jew.

Good luck mate.

Angus

if you need a boat...

Kingfisher Boat Hire has 4 person fishing skiffs...

their rates are $35 for the first hour and $19 for each subsequent...

but the guy told me he can do a 6 hour hire for just $100...

im going up in july and thats probably what im gonna do...

Toby-MJ wrote:

Yeah its an awesome spot.

i pulled this out of woods on sunday.

314fclh.jpg

This deserves a report of its own mate! Well done. I have always loved Diamond trevs!

I have some sweet photo's from Dubai of them but it will throw this way off topic :P

Angus

JackBarrett13 wrote:

mate

you have to get live bait off the sheraton jetty and they fish off there at night or late afternoon.

the fish u pull from there are amazing

yeh you get big jacks, tarpon trevally and everything in between. me and jack got huge bream one was 42 cm and the other 38cm biggest one would have weighed 2 kilo

Archived