Boggy Creek 1st Timer

ryanyoung

Gday all

I went down to Boggy Creek with Dave yesterday on the tide change. It was a learning experience and a half as Dave was kind enough to come out and show me the ropes with sp's & hard bodies. It was my first time to the creek and we walked up and down the banks a few hundred metres either side of the vacant block area. Dave showed me the sp theory put into practice, and I ended up catching my biggest fish ever! Ha ha, it was a flattie with a whopping 30cm length! Caught it on one of Daves flourescent green and yellow squidgies. The rest of the day was pretty quiet although something did bite my squidgy's tail off whilst I was trying to untangle some line. A big thanks to Dave for all the help, it was invaluable!

Ryan

ryanyoung wrote:

Gday all

Caught it on one of Daves flourescent green and yellow squidgies.

Ryan

green and yellow squidgies are the bomb! Grinners love them to bits.

ryanyoung wrote:

Gday all

The rest of the day was pretty quiet although something did bite my squidgy's tail off whilst I was trying to untangle some line.

Ryan

that would be the pesky little toadfishes...

same thing happened to me mate... those little shits!

congrats on your first SP catch...

Yeah, I don't know what the fishing is like out there on a regular basis. In my inexperienced opinion, I think the higher high tide of the day would yield better results, as it allows more structure in the trees which would be submerged at that time. I will head back there on the large high tide next time I venture out that way. One way or another, it is a change from my regular haunts of hawthorne and colmslie, and allows for a bit of experience with the different environment.

Was a pleasure Ryan, anytime.

Yeah its a good little spot, does not always produce but definitely a great place to

flick a few plastics and HB around, and yes I have caught good fish there and seen some big landbased flatties hauled in too.

oh yeah and Ryan the plastic you were using was a 3 inch Berkely mullet in mango ripple :) ,proven winner on flatty and bream (4 inch is good too).

dave

• 5 months later...

Archived