The River Monster

brisbanebound

brisbanebound wrote:

So what was the monster that Terry caught in the river?

I have no internet at the moment and this has been driving me nuts for the last 2 months.

Was it a cod???

Any pics or vids?

/>http://animal.discovery.com/fish/river-monsters/map/map.html

Hit the Aussie fish link.

Jeremy Wade sitting next to my Tiagra 80WA on the Rod PCSOLUTIONMAN built.

I rigged up that particular bait, rowed it out and then instructed Jeremy on what to do (when and how to set the hooks etc). For the purposes of the video, Jeremy was the one to bring it in. I remember having to tell him to just leave the rod and let the fish take it. It wasn't a hit n run rather a slower stop n start pick up.

As with all our sharking catches, as far as I'm concerned it's a team catch.

Not sure I can believe anything on that website, after how it describes the Brisbane River. Small and muddy, I can live with that. As far as I know the Tasman sea stops at the Qld/NSW border and the Coral Sea kicks in north of the border. I suppose I could be wrong as usual. Anyway great fish. Saw something similar floating belly up a few years ago under the Victoria Bridge so there must be a few of them. Did it release ok?

Terry H wrote:

Speaking of Jeremy..

/>http://animal.discovery.com/videos/river-monsters-fish-swims-up-urine-stream.html

He told us about that story... rather disturbing! haha

Ouch.. Give me a river full of bull sharks any day.

thousandyards wrote:

did anyone see the fish in the egypt part of it.....'nile perch' looks remarkable like barramundi.....

Virtually identical,but they can survive in lot colder conditions. There was even talk of introducing them here for southern waters many years ago.

Feral wrote:

thousandyards wrote:
did anyone see the fish in the egypt part of it.....'nile perch' looks remarkable like barramundi.....

Virtually identical,but they can survive in lot colder conditions. There was even talk of introducing them here for southern waters many years ago.

very closely related infact

uglyfish wrote:

Feral wrote:
thousandyards wrote:

very closely related infact

I think they can breed in the fresh too. That would be awesome in our big dams! :woohoo:

did he { THE POMMY FELLA }

catch the baits?

know how to rigg them up?

have the equipment needed?

deploy the baits?

know where to go?

as far as i'm concerned he's just a bloody trophy hunter! he's not a fisherman at bloody all! only interested in 1 thing. himself!

u know that the mrs and i where thinking i watched the bull sharks and groper videos.

crikey m8 ,watch me grab this bull shark .now i am going to stick my thumb up his ass.now this is going to really piss him off.

oh this is a joke ok,so no1 go mental k

its from southpark show and they did a steve irwin thingy.

Archived