NPD chockie milk more pics

Dinodadog

Just need some sugar and you'ld have your nightcap. Thanks Den for retrieving my traps, pity they were empty, like Bruces and yours. Shrimps are still pretty scarce. We will have to stick to Plastics and lures when the run in eases. Ian :cheer:

Went there this morning with Rocket and Faulked Pleasantly surprised no long reverse down the ramp.If you look closely the dead tree is where the water level was a few days ago.

P5210588AFO.jpg

This shows the colour of the water at the ramp.

P5210586AFO.jpg

Spent a lot of time looking for lost pots. We found 3 of Faulkeds fairly quickle and recovered a floating gas bottle and then went looking for mine. The 2 shrimp traps were fairly easy to spot then we found one of Dinos that had drifted about 1k downstream.

Went down near Island to get rest of mine. Here is the tree.

P5210582AFO.jpg

Some were still in place but I cannot tell you where I found 3 of them. Good that Rocket and Faulked have good eyesight.

We got a fair feed of redclaw out of the pots as I think that they must have attracted them whilst drifting.

This one has the best haul.

Whoops lost the photo will have to come back.

The boundary markers are just out of the water.

P5210579AFO.jpg

The tip of the island.

P5210583AFO.jpg

The square marker on mainland.

P5210585AFO.jpg

THe water was a lot clearer down in the lower reaches but we tried with bait in 4 of our regular spots and trolled a lot and came back fishless but with 50 redclaw.

On the way home found 2 of my pots that had moved about 1k upstream and had a bit of fun extracting one from a large raft of debris against the bank.

We rechecked all the pots on the way back and picked up 35 large shrimp and I replaced the water in the bucket at the ramp on the way home and when I got home they were all dead so I think that the muddy water may be low in oxygen.

Dropped into McGavins View on the way back but couldnt get a park handy to the spillway lookout so just went up to the dam wall and took a couple of shots.

The water level is that high you could cast into the water from the fence.

IMG_1179AFO.jpg

IMG_1180AFO.jpg

Cheers

Ray

Feral wrote:

Ha ya buncha bludgers, I was moping up mud, sludge and all sorts of crud in the bowels of the building at work with no light, no power and no airflow while you blokes were swanning around fishing!

Well just think how stressed out you would be if you didnt have posts like this to read and dream about. Nothing but work,work and more work.And just think how your taxes help us oldies out.

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

Feral wrote:
Ha ya buncha bludgers, I was moping up mud, sludge and all sorts of crud in the bowels of the building at work with no light, no power and no airflow while you blokes were swanning around fishing!

Well just think how stressed out you would be if you didnt have posts like this to read and dream about. Nothing but work,work and more work.And just think how your taxes help us oldies out.

Cheers

Ray

Oh those comments are very inflamitory aren't they Ray. Especially in the midst of the GFC :P

Cheers

Archived