today i got my fix

Davo_Dinkum

got my fix today went fishing .:) :woohoo:

went to head to the old weir the main way through Mt Crosby, all bitumen road.

road closed just a bit of the road washed away and so on .

so down the road i go ,with sticky saying :u can't go down there it closed. :angry:

get to bridge over the weir closed, so hoped out and had a look about.

heaps of froth and water pumping thought the weir.

so back around past collages and allawah scouts and down the washed out dirt road we go.

it wasn't that bad but sticky was still giving me stick about taking her car down a washed out dirt road.it's not to bad in a normal car just got to go slow. :unsure:

so we get there walk down to first clearing,can't get there water flowing down the gully before the bank like a small river.

so head to the old weir ,can't get there it's still like a river/creek flowing.

so we head down to the 3rd clearing.(call the old weir the 2nd clearing)

so kewl no river/creek but no bank as the water is so high.just long grass no so bad as it's still laying down from the waters/flooding.sticky was not so keen on fishing here. :unsure:

so back down to the main track and off to the 4th clearing ,but guess what?

that's right where it's low is flooded usually a small pond u can walk about the edge or only a few inch's deep.

so back to clearing 3 and i noticed there was a old track there but last time i tried to walk it in thongs and over grown grass to my chest i gave up.but this time it was all flattened out from the waters/flooding.

so down we go bit of mud and slippery but we get there.:) at the 4th clearing it's like a big pond with a rock faces across the river. :)B) :woohoo:

they do say 1/2 the adventure is getting there .

and today it was,spent 2 hrs driving and walking to get there. :laugh:

so sticky soaks a bait and i put a bait in too. then i played with lures . B)

that was fun got to try heaps of them out today and even sticky had a try.

the water was brown colour but clear of junk and stuff.

saw a few fish pop the surface chasing bugs but they where over the other side near the rock face.so we where still getting bites and losing bait.

i was just having a ball trying different lures prob tried 20 different ones.

as sticky was losing baits and finding sticks as she dose,she went to re rig and guess what?

davo forgot to pack tackle boxes ,but that's ok i had a few sinkers hooks and jigheads in the back pack.

so anyways my bait rod goes crazy and i grab it hook up, up the drag and the fun begins.

was a short fight but he fought hard,brought in a eel about a meter long.dam for a small eel it was stronger than i though it would be .to took a pic sent him back and fished some more.:)

time was running out and started to spit to headed to collages and had a fish of the pond, near the bird lookout.water has been high there heaps of crap on the bank.

stick and i got a few failed hooks up there ,but something was having fun as my drag went crazy.the little mullet where teasing us jumping out of the water.

so 1/2 a hr there and was time to head home .:(

but still got out to have a fish got a fish and had a nice peaceful day.

can't ask for much more than that.:)B) :woohoo: :laugh:

pic of the eel

[img size=1000]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P5263775a.jpg

i was keeping a eye on him.

post-4394-144598494827_thumb.jpg

i think they get bigger .not sure what type this 1 is .some fresh water 1 i think.

we saw one on the upper Logan river in MT Barney national park ,it was bigger than the 1 i caught today .i was feeding it bread crusts and showing the people swimming around it .hehehe.:)

pike eel have seen about 2 meters they have the long mouth with the nasty teeth.

had a look about the net i reckon its a long fin eel ,grow to about 2 meters.

Archived