At the top NPD

Dinodadog

Headed back up to the top of the dam landbased again this morning, for what I thought would be another good session on the short grass. When I got there I knew right away it was going to be hard, it looked like a 100 people had been there overnight, there was rubbish all over the place and a big heap of dead tillies and they were on the nose. So I had a couple of casts anyway and picked up a few small bass before the smell drove me off. I then moved to the Kobble creek picnic area where I had a bit of fun casting to rising bass as they were chasing baitfish. I would see a rise then quickly cast past it and high stick the rod and wind in. I didnt catch a lot of fish but the ones I got were worth the effort. This area is very saratoga looking, I would love to get a boat in there. I have included some pics to make the yakkers drool. I actualy seen one there illegally.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

saratoga country [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cem2_001.JPG

Just waiting for the water to clear a bit more, got into double figures yesterday out of the boat. The water is clearing very slowly from the top of the dam. Bullockies has been chocklate brown since sunday. You know me Stu I like to know whats going on all over the dam.

It is a shame that the word gets out about a hot bite and the grubs follow. Were the tillys too small to deep fry or did they get heaps of bass?

The water downstream is getting cleared every day no chocolate at all today.Water is cleared than my pee.

Cheers

Ray

Archived