Need advice!!!!

rhino01

i m looking at buying my first boat! Budget $15k looking at a runabout have looked at a few eg Bluefin, Seajay, Brooker and Allycraft. Just wanting to know what is good and what to look out for. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!! Have searched all the forums and still undecided

almost as important as the hull and motor is the Dealer. Service and after sales services from some dealers is at best ordinary.

I have a Seajay Territory 4.55 myself, I have no hesitation on taking it as far as my fuel supply will allow. I have been out to the 36's in ordinary conditions and felt safe, it is also good in the Bays short sharp chop

rhino01 wrote:

i m looking at buying my first boat! Budget $15k looking at a runabout have looked at a few eg Bluefin, Seajay, Brooker and Allycraft. Just wanting to know what is good and what to look out for. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!! Have searched all the forums and still undecided
check for the positions when standing up while driving, you might never do this but if you ever did, some makes are bloody hard to drive while standing up, fuel tanks? tote tank or underfloor? canopies= to the screen or a clear placed between canopy and screen, just makes it easier to access the helm, don't have to bend over as much! screen to have an opening windscreen, 1 hell of a lot easier to anchor! a good bow roller with pin over the roller, so rope doesn't jump off roller and down the side of the boat! quality of seats and the way in which they are braced from underneath, trailer is correct size for that boat, be careful there! test drive is essential for buying new, also check stability when doing this with 2 persons on 1 side. happy shopping.

rob

Archived