where to fish today 30May09 ?

Davo_Dinkum

well its saterday the 30 /5 .

second last day of bass season .got today and tomorrow to chase wild bass.

me and my bro going for a fish.

thinking maybe the old weir or maybe around kholo ,if i can get mates ute and take the canoe for a bash.

can't think of anywhere better at the moment as the river is dirty and fresh still about.

no good reports coming from the river yet.and where i have been to the river this week is still dead.

we don't have permits yet so no point going to dams.

what u guys reckon?

dan25 wrote:

theres heaps of landbased bass fishing down at the old weir. plenty of tracks that lead to the water.. :)

You heading there today or tomorrow, as would like to follow someone there as never been there nor been bass fishing either.

around the old weir for landbased .but haven't got a bass there yet ,but i know there there others have got them.

have tried landbased at kholo bridge once .it could be ok .if u wearing the right gear u could track up stream along the bank.

i only had thongs on so no way i was walking through long grass.

also i have thought about kholo reserve. there is a part where u can get right down to the bank ,right on the water.about a 20 foot wide clearing .it could be ok.

i'm only new to bass fishing and to these spots .

so my info come from reports and people i talk too.

i'm going out today ,but i think i would be up to a landbased fish at the weir tomorrow.

work something out tonight maybe.:)

na mate, cant go fishing this weekend unfortunetely :(

Ive fished their once and didn't have much luck, but i did see one guy get a nice bass on Soft plastic.. its really easy to find... just turn off from the bridge and follow the dirt track.. once you reach the end near the sports fields than park there and you will see a track heading down to the water. Just follow it down and it will lead to the water. its a great looking spot. Good luck :)

we went we paddled about we fished .

nothing .not a strike a twitch a touch nothing.

had some bait soaking .chicken and some of the meat from the clams in the river there .

tried a few different cranks ,spinners and surface lures.fished till dark trying for a surface strike.

think the water is still to brown and dirty.but on a high not the crap has been flushed out.

Archived