Tweed River Final Advice...

chris_stewart14

Goodmorning my faithful consultants.. As I mentioned in a previous thread, myself and four mates are off down to the Tweed River on a houseboat this long weekend weekend for our 3rd annual little muck around fishing competition. I was wondering as a final note if anyone who is in the know on the Tweed River or has just had some experiences or spots they could share, could throw some ideas around for me. We have a small tender with a 4HP, the HB itself and another 13ft tinny my mate is bringing with a sounder and a 25HP.. Does anyone think braving the mouth (weather permitting) would be productive or sticking to the flats and rocky walls inside the river for lizards, choppers and breambo's etc.. Lastly where is my best chance of a Jew to anchor up of a night time?

I only ever fish the Tweed once a year for this comp so any info on spots, lures, baits or just thoughts in general are very welcome. Thanks guys.

P.s. Thanks Leighton for all your help already.

gday chris around the bridge i've seen some big jacks ,bream ,flathead and crabs then come back towards the marina where the charter boats start and along that bank at night near the pub. fish the drop off or the edge of the light from the broadwalk near the corner of the marina. biggest flathead i have ever seen around there and the bream are like at seaworld as they get fed from the boardwalk good luck

mark

Archived