Fuel tax subsidy removal petition.

rayke1938

shortie wrote:

i use 130 ltrs a week. at 10c extra. $13 a week more.

Big deal.

now the entire saving that that money can be used on Qld wide 1 billion $$$.

Now maybe we will get better hospitals road and water infrastructure.

There is way more involved in the decision making process than lets get more money from the people. Think big picture people before you jump on another petition or bandwagon or union.

These decisions are made for a reason.

I use a bit over a 1000 litres a week accross my operations at work which relates to more then $5000 a year taken out of a not for profit organisation and my budget.

I claim rebates of about $56k a year, again taken out of a NFP org and my budget.

I personaly use about about 10000 litres a year which means I am now $1000 worse off.

I expect fuel sales to drop by as much as 20% along with other water activities and related sales. Today I will be making 1 marina staff member redundant because of the decision. Would someone like to pick the staff member that I have to sack! Poor buggers.

The cost of holding regattas has just increased, that means race fees will have to go up, that means less people will attend. And it goes around and around and around.

Brian D wrote:

shortie wrote:
i use 130 ltrs a week. at 10c extra. $13 a week more.

Big deal.

now the entire saving that that money can be used on Qld wide 1 billion $$$.

Now maybe we will get better hospitals road and water infrastructure.

There is way more involved in the decision making process than lets get more money from the people. Think big picture people before you jump on another petition or bandwagon or union.

These decisions are made for a reason.

I use a bit over a 1000 litres a week accross my operations at work which relates to more then $5000 a year taken out of a not for profit organisation and my budget.

I claim rebates of about $56k a year, again taken out of a NFP org and my budget.

I personaly use about about 10000 litres a year which means I am now $1000 worse off.

I expect fuel sales to drop by as much as 20% along with other water activities and related sales. Today I will be making 1 marina staff member redundant because of the decision. Would someone like to pick the staff member that I have to sack! Poor buggers.

The cost of holding regattas has just increased, that means race fees will have to go up, that means less people will attend. And it goes around and around and around.

Gee sounds like its going to hit the $1m boat owners hard at the club. My heart bleeds.

Archived