Tips on fishing around the "Fingal Area"

plugga

Hi, tomoz I'am leaving with my Dad to head down south to Fingal. Today I stocked up on a TT switch blade and 3 packs of gulp baby shrimp 2inch, peppered, banana and new penny shrimp. I've got good quality TT jig head 1/40, 1/20, 1/16, 1/12 and 1/10. I would just like a few tips where i could get on to some Bream.

THX

PLUGGa

:)

Regarding locations... Rock walls at the mouth of the tweed are great. Follow the dirt road to the end, there is a small beach there. Head out along the rock point on the river side of that beach. Expect bream, flatties, snapper and tailor. Other than that slugs off the headland is great for tailor, you can definitely get huge bream if you fish light and close to structure. Also get snapper and all sorts of other reefies here on the right day. Around the hwy bridge pylons is also worth a look, the big fellas will be along the rock walls though. Good luck!!!!

was there on the weekend got nil all the good gutters are gone will take a few weeks is to recover inlaws have an onsite van down there.. tip is to get up early before the sun and go off the headland near the lighthouse 6-8 pound taylor not uncommon rig up well and be very carful crossing the causeway, have to time it to get happy fishing and dont forget a fishing license is needed and different size limits apply happy fishing :)

I was down there a few weeks ago, before the rain, with the fly rod and got quite a few hits on a tarpon toad (fished on the surface). I was walking/driving along the park that follows the river from fingal to the bridge. Look for rocky banks and gaps in the trees have a few casts with small hard bodies and plastics then move to the next one. Eventually you should find some fish.

Also try along the river around chinderah and further upstream with the same tactics. I know there was quite a few fish taken there in the recent ABT round.

Archived