oops there goes the stradic

Tiny Tin

hit the bay on the weekend..still running in the suzuki. went the 4 beacons..nothing doing so popped over to the capt' neilsen wreck got there a bit late. there were a few boats sitting there not catching anything. after a while they upped anchor and were away only to be replaced by more late comers like us. nothing doing..the dolphins arrived about a dozen of so. we had a mother and her baby come along side the boat so we started feeding them. very nice in the sun but not the kind of fishing we had in mind. did some drifts covered some good spots but nothing but flathead around the 40cm mark. threw em back as we were chasing snaps again. decided to head back to mud. on the way back the suzuki cut out (did it on the way there too) no alarm or over heating etc. flick of the key and were away..again. everything about the motor seems fine but once more it cut out no warning? we're still running it in so we haven't had it up much past 4000rpm. must be a computer glitch..no holding back or choking just stops and starts then starts and goes on for a while with no ill effects..got me buggered? :huh: anyway back at mud couldn't get a touch on sps so went to bait. could gt onto out normal spot so look around a bit just got crabs and cuttlefish. bloke finally moves and we get onto the spot. we're into some real small snaps and sweetlip. before the size finally starts to get around the legal limit. this is where the title comes in..my offsider is baiting a rod when his raider rod gets hammered..it's bent in half..the drag set fairly tight the fish pulls a little line..mart grabs the rod lifts into the fish and it's off..greasy hands and the rod leaps from his grip and into the drink..stradic an all..the air goes blue for a while and we try to 'jag' the rod but to no avail. so there you go an 'on off' day. we just started to get into em and bang it's all over. mart feeling pretty sick and me gutted for him put an end to the session. suzuki is due it's first service and i have to say it looks like being a fantastic motor. it eats the e-tecs (heaps of probs) i've had in the past quieter and has plenty of grunt and we haven't even had the chance to give it a proper test..just a pity to have this teething problem. the formosa 520 CC is well worth the money. we've hit a few bumps and a fair bit of chop in the little beast and it's going very well. duncan at formosa has been very good with any probs we've had and says he'll look after any of his customers even after the warranty expires. my first CC and what a fishing platform it is. just wondering if it's capable of having an electric fitted to the bow? anyone know if this would work? cheers :)

yeah it sure does. this is the third new motor i've had over the years. i got away from e-tecs coz the first blew the cpu..it broke down when i was 50 klms off shore and we were stuck for around an hour trying to get it to go..very nervy. the other one would start when it felt like it and never ran true. on the suzi i think the fuel must be getting cut off which could be a computer glitch or maybe there's a fail safe in the engine somewhere that's not in the owners manual? it starts straight away after then runs like nothing has happened. i bet there's heaps of peeps out there that never have a problem. i'm no expert but i always expect a little bit of hassle with new engines. hopefully this can get sorted straight away. it's weird..and gets to me big time as i like to keep anything to do with boating in the best possible condition..safety an all. i guess the positive is i have to take it in to get it's first service anyway so would be without it for a day or two. cheers

hey there tiny tin having trouble with the suzie :ohmy: mine has done that twice exatley the same thing early on but not for at least a year now ;) when you have a service ask them as i was told that they can tell every thing that goes on i guess by the computer :huh: the guys at fisher boats said to me we will know whether you trash the motor or run it properly and how you drive it :cheer:al

my brother used my stradic 2500 over the weekend and it went in the drink as he casted a big softie with his zillion hlc and the plastic grabbed onto the rod and leaped it into the water luckily he tossed and tossed and managed to hook the rod and bring it up but somehow the rod was snapped :S $150 bucks for me that means haha....

thanks guys..it's some how nice to know your not alone..! hey al i'll tell em when i take it in. we have only run it in around 4000rmps toke it to the top twice for about 30 sec's. blasted the boat outta the water so fast i s**t myself. it doesn't sound like a major prob which is why i'm not going mental (fingers crossed). paulymassy well done..we tried to get the rod back but not a chance just kept reefing up heaps of wire weed etc. it was all new from may.. i bought the rod for his birthday and he fitted the stradic. every cloud has a silver lining as they say and the cheeky bugger bought another stradic and a rod i was saving for..nitro magbut..he just got some money from selling his car! i'll have to wait a while til i save some cash and just drool over his (nearly said tackle) new fishing rod and reel..phew that was a difficult scribe for a minute ha ha! alls well that ends well i guess :)

tiny only taken to the max 2times :woohoo: you can do better than that after the service ;) you will be able to get into it a bit now fullthrotle then off quite often ha :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer: al- might see you out around mud on the school holidays as im planing to get out a bit at last :laugh:

can't waaaaaaait :woohoo: :woohoo: it'll be great to let lose a bit. i think we'll certainly be doing a bit around mud so chances are we'll meet up. when are the school hols? if you fancy a run and don't have time to get the rig out send us a pm see what we can do. we sometimes go at the last second..tho we've been holdong back a bit while running in. soon as this engine is good to go we'll try a few spots.

holidays end june begining july ;) yer i usualy dont plan a trip to far ahead one day go the next if you plan ahead crap weather usualy happens :cheer: al tiny my boats a 4.8 unpainted fisher centre console extended transom suzie on back:cheer:

Archived