Wivenhoe .billys bay,hays inlet

STU

Went and checked out the sailing club today the bridge is back in working order water has gone up heaps spots I was fishing last year are 30ft deeper now but atleast the ramp at billys is back in the water and hays inlet is easy to launch at too, I got a big fat doughnut for bass unless a catty counts saw some showing which were cattys caught one moved on the wind picked up and headed into billys bay where it was protected found a good showing of bass with no luck gettin them tried tn60,masks,plastics,spinnerbait,ice jigs,blades and fly but they were not interested so came home.

Here is a showing of the tight lipped bass [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/wivenhoe_8.jpg

Yep.. can confirm that its all back to normal at Hays Landing/Billies Bay. The repair to the bridge has even smoothed up the 'hump' at the end of the first bridge.

Water level is looking great and is expected to rise a further 1.5m or so, I was told on good authority ;-)

Its getting close to end of season for memberships at the Sailing Club now, so all existing members will receivea letter outlining weekends when renewals will bt processes and keys swapped over. New memberships will galdly be taken at this time too, so I will post the dates on here and other websites.

Standby for details ;-)

Archived