how much?

noname

how much does it cost you to go fishing?

for me on the weekend, saturday arvo until sunday morning early, it was

$ 100 for fuel to top it up brad and i went halves in that

$ 7.00 for 2 bags of ice. brad shouted that

$ 20.00 in the car.

bait was caught at manly the day before, pike.

brad brought along fresh green prawns, pillies, and gar fillets

so i'm guessing another $25 for a box of pillies, if bought!

$ 10 for oil to feed the motor!

so looks to be around the $140 mark, for a bay trip. hmmmm. with no bait bought!

and all we did was feed the bloody fish :angry:

well.....

depending on how far i go i usually get 5-6 trips out of a tank :laugh:

no bait so if i loose a lure its a couple of bucks :laugh:

work pays for the truck fuel so thats nothing :laugh:

bottle of coke and shapes, smokes $20 :laugh:

Travis wrote:

well.....

depending on how far i go i usually get 5-6 trips out of a tank :laugh:

no bait so if i loose a lure its a couple of bucks :laugh:

work pays for the truck fuel so thats nothing :laugh:

bottle of coke and shapes, smokes $20 :laugh:

Going deckie for Trav. = Priceless. lol

not sure really. but the prices you've said about i used to do an offshore trip. had a cruisecraft 625 outsider which was as good on fuel as the 540 we had. after fuel bait is the big one for me. i usually take a bit of everything..squid..pillies..mullet fillets and SP's which usually hits the $60..i try not to buy the squid and mullet in the bait shop..seems to work better. had a good time on sat without much to show but. had a chat to a mate who had 6 keepers at peel.. squire and sweetlip around the 60cm mark. i guess cast netting and the short distance makes the bay a bit cheaper. got to say i didn't think much of herring or pike until i started fishing the bay..but if i had one bait that is going well for me right now it has to be hardyheads. i could do with a heap of em. on the fuel we did mud..the four beacons..capt neilsen..back to mud with a fair few drifts and beacon bashing in between for $30..no oil to buy for the suzie that didn't seem too bad. :)

yeah bigger boat more effort.

cost me bugger all to fish cause i'm a tight ass and end up land based most the time.

we all know it is cheaper to buy fish and crabs but it's just not the same .

they taste better fresh and if u caught them.

this weekend i got bro's engagement party,but after that i mite be free ,mite have to take the tinny out and take rob along so he can get his tinny fix .lol

i reckon about 20 to 40 buck atm depends if i borrow the ute and use the canoe or tinny .or go lb.

Tiny Tin wrote:

not sure really. but the prices you've said about i used to do an offshore trip. had a cruisecraft 625 outsider which was as good on fuel as the 540 we had. after fuel bait is the big one for me. i usually take a bit of everything..squid..pillies..mullet fillets and SP's which usually hits the $60..i try not to buy the squid and mullet in the bait shop..seems to work better. had a good time on sat without much to show but. had a chat to a mate who had 6 keepers at peel.. squire and sweetlip around the 60cm mark. i guess cast netting and the short distance makes the bay a bit cheaper. got to say i didn't think much of herring or pike until i started fishing the bay..but if i had one bait that is going well for me right now it has to be hardyheads. i could do with a heap of em. on the fuel we did mud..the four beacons..capt neilsen..back to mud with a fair few drifts and beacon bashing in between for $30..no oil to buy for the suzie that didn't seem too bad. :)
it's the big distances, where the fuel goes, from manly to hutchies, with a stop on the way, then to wide caloundra, back onto a certain wreck, then work our way down to the rifle man, onto the 40's back through the south passage bar and to manly again, but most of the boats are maxed out hp wise, not with the just bearable hp, not inplying yours is or anything like that. just big miles.

noname wrote:

Tiny Tin wrote:
it's the big distances, where the fuel goes, from manly to hutchies, with a stop on the way, then to wide caloundra, back onto a certain wreck, then work our way down to the rifle man, onto the 40's back through the south passage bar and to manly again, but most of the boats are maxed out hp wise, not with the just bearable hp, not inplying yours is or anything like that. just big miles.

no worries rob. i understand that. think the cruisecraft had a 300nm range on good weather. lot of money especially as like you say you travel a lot. used to go from bribie to the cape..fish there..move to wreck..tempest..across to gotham city up to the wreck JK. now i've bought a smaller boat as i have stopped the offshore thing. the new boat is big enough to go but on a good day, but it's mainly easy to launch for one and is inexspensive to run. basically i've scaled down to do bay fishing. was hoping to scale down work and do 4 days a week but that's gone out the window. looking at running up to woodgate to fish harvey bay. there's a couple of decent creeks there too if the weather is a bit crappy not to mention the beach. having the smaller boat makes it a bit more attractive for me to tow around so i'll use it a bit more. :)

i hear ya, i had a 3.85 quinnie explorer with a 15 yammy 4 stroke, loved it but too slow to go to mud and nelson, so bought another 1 with a 25, when the haines goes, looking for something similar to a 435 hornet trophy, but different set up with a 60 yammy 4 stroke, gotta love the tinnies hey. ;) you just can't beat em.

ok... costing for my trip saturday... from home to home again

fuel in car - $20

car wash - $8

ice - $16

fuel in boat - $80

oil in boat - $15

bait - $45

total: $184 (tax component of this is approx $45... grrrr...)

yay... :dry:

not a cheap sport but i still think it is worth it! only going to get worse after june 30, thanks a bunch anna bligh! :angry:

A Couple of bucks worth of fuel to get to the dam, and a couple of cans of soft drink is all it costs me, no Fuel, missus pays the power bill for recharging my batteries ;) or I'm in the yak. Bait free from the dam, but mostly I use lures.

Archived