No sounder, no worries... bay 13/06

benno573

I decided it was high time to see if these new moderators were any good at fishing! So Kriso finally accepted my proposal for a trip out round the bay and Do$tylz jumped on board to make the threesome.... take from that what you will. ;)

We headed out of the port at about 4:30am, cruising across a slight chop to the eastern bay and curtain artificial reef. unfortunately, my awesome sounder which is well overdue for a replace decided not to work when we got there... :dry: how to find the drop off? i took a metric guess based on no knowledge whatsoever and crossed my fingers. :blush:

i was first on to a decent fish, a nice grassy of 36cm... there's dinner sorted! :woohoo: kriso was playing in the nursery down the back and demonstrated a unique way to hook a squire... he swears it required a special skill, i think it was "arse". :P

Henry pulled up a 32cm tarwhine shortly thereafter, having never eaten one before he kept it to see how it tasted. i downsized the rig as the tide dropped off and was promptly bricked! :dry: ok, so maybe i was a bit ambitious with 10lb... I was rewarded with a 40cm squire which was a good fight on 15lb! henry went 1cm better about 15 minutes later with a nice 41cm model.

the tide started to pick up again and henry decided to steal kriso's td advantage with a sol on it and throw some 7" nuclear chickens around. somehow, no-one, not even henry knows how, he was on. a PB squire of 49cm! :woohoo: henry was happy to give up after that!

we decide the action was a bit slow and the tide was a bit fast so headed off. we went into the shallows along moreton looking for hardy heads to use as livies at mud. henry was on the front with the net and nearly wet himself when a school of bonito came into about 1-2m of water right around the boat. he had a shot with the net but they were a bit quick. pretty awesome site though!

headed over to mud where not a lot was happening, too many boats and people with noisy 35 yr old motors... :angry: kriso kept us all amused with look-a-like competitions and henry discovered a super secret bait... KFC (Kriso's F'in Chicken) which kept him amused on little squire. we were all getting a bit annoyed with the copious amounts of green sea toads, which ate everything, including 7" nuclear chicken gulps!

decided it was time to head home after that!

i had a great day out, the company was good, the fishing was good and the dinner was superb!

Cheers for reading, photos to follow.

Benno <'>-< [img size=600]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/007.JPG

def picked the right day for it weather wise hey, sounds like a bit of fun. i was this close to trying there saturday night, but guessing too many boats would be there. love the photo of behind the boat, and kriso, what can i say there?.

rob

^^ dude.. it was freezing cold in the morning. :D

Thanks for the awesome day out Benno. Got home to a slightly unimpressed g/f coz I told her I'd be home at lunch. Oh well.. nothing a bit of grovelling didn't fix.

Also.. the pb snap was caught on kriso's combo.. that had mono... not braid. So I just couldn't tell what was going on at the lure end of the line. It was all just a big guess.

You musta gone berserk when you saw all those beneato whilst looking for fish with hard heads (what are they called again ?). :laugh:

Sounds like a good day boys. Seems the toads are on fire in the bay at the moment, judging by the reports coming in. Pity you don't know how to fugu too :dry:

benno573 wrote:

last one... my dinner!

Please note there is no photos of Kriso holding legal edible fish included... i added that line just for kreel's sake... :P [img size=600]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/013-9886dc37bf9af6b77d8966ca243a5ac8.JPG

Whats with the arse-end way of holding the fish - Benno and Henry in da house.

Great report guys, now we know why Kriso was reluctant to get on the water, come on mate you're part of the system now, you're the MAN, the establishment you gotta catch some fish! :laugh:

haha was a top day to be on the water, we all caught a fair share of fish and the number of undersize pinkies caught between us would of been pretty high. gota say that sea toad on 4lb line and bream gear was bloody awesome fight though and we all had a laugh at the noises they made when they surfaced. cheers to benno for a awesome day good to catch up again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived