Trolling hard bodies

Brian D

Got there late cause I was lazy and confussed as to go or not to go. Sunday - rainy - suppose to be 25 knot winds so maybe the best place to but the boat in would be the Brissy River again.

I spent the first 15min at the ramp helping some poor bugger get his new boat onto the trailer. Tide was realy low and he got stuck over the edge of the ramp. Nice boat but too big for our little ramps and very hard to handle on your own. When the boat got up on the trailer his car started rolling back into the river. Crap! He stayed in the car with foot on the brake while I loaded the boat. Good deed for June done.

Finally got started casting plastics at about 10.45am under the wharf along Quarries Reach and enjoying it until the boarder patrol told me I was too close to the wharf and as so I was a terriost threat. Yeah Right OK I'll move, no fish anyway.

Trolled hard body lures from there to just before the Storey Bridge and back. Had a few knocks but nothing ate the lure. Has anyone every tried this method in the Brissy river and caught anything?

Got bored so I thought I'd have a poke around Jew point at Ash's Rock at the month of Norman Creek. Trolled up the creek and back hoping for a flatty but got nothing. But found a good spot to cast net.

Anchored up Norris Point and tried some bait for a couple of cat fish, No thanks so moved to the Gateway bridge Nth pillon but realy had enough by then. Another big effort for little reward but I'd do again tomorrow if I didn't have to go to work.

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/18 17:20

Hahaha good call.

Yeap its a cliche but a bad days fishing is better than a days work.

I have never tried hard bodies in the river mate.

However as we know there are Salmon, Jew, Flathead and possibly Jacks no reason you should not have success.

Did you mean Bulimba creek?

Norman creek is a long way from the bridge!

Angus.

I knew it was Norman Creek when I saw the road sign under the bridge, just below the high tide mark and it read Norman Bridge. Also my GPS map said Norman Cridge and the Beacon to Beacon showed Norman Creek but what realy clinched it for me was that I could still hear Ash screaming and hootin about hs Jew.

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/18 18:26

Ive never trolled lures in the brisbane river, purely cause i dont have a boat, Id be a little scared on the bibs taking the lures down too deep and getting them stuck in the brisbane river mud. I would have tried more towards the mouth around the sunken wall and luggage point and that sorta area, my mates get alot of squire and snapper there.

Dave

Yeah Dave your right but they were prediting 25 knot winds and rain so I wanted to stay in the sheltered area and near a bridge to get under during the rain spells. Norman Creeek bridge is just the right height to hide under out of the rain, but your right unless your name is Ash there's no big fish there.

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/19 16:59

I dunno, now and then places pop up some amazing stuff, we went to Aquarium passage aka bulimba creek several times Its not a great spot but occasionally it would pop out some big stuff. We mainly got bream, fingermark, whiting, tailor, catties and Some bloody big muddies around 1.5kg some probly bigger. I also got bitten by a muddie there and had the bastard dislocate my middle finger. :angry:

DAVE

Archived