elliot heads

Tiny Tin

just wondering if anyone has fished the Elliot heads region? will fish the river but wondered if anyone had fished offshore? how far out would you need to go? i think from memory they have some gps marks on signs next to the boat ramp in bundy..artificial reef i think? fished off the bank on the Burnett and caught grunter. not after specifics just a little knowledge if someone has ever fished there? not far from Elliot heads to the Burnett river so anywhere in that region would be good. cheers :)

Hi Tiny Tin,

There are a couple of reefs off that area,Elliott Hds to Burnett Hds.

Cochrane Artificial about 3 nautical miles off Elliott Hds.

The Four mile about 6 nautical miles out from Elliott Hds

The Two mile off Bagara.

If you check in with one or two of the bait/tackle shops up there they`ll give you the up to date info on the area.Salty`s in Bundy is a good one to check out.

The area between Bagara and Burnett Hds is 15/20 kilometres of rocky foreshore with headlands,ledges, coral and rock bommies.Going back to the mid/late 90`s mackerals,trevally,squire,cod,tailor,bream,flathead,whiting feed along that part of the coast,don`t think it would have that much over the years.

cheers

Gad

Thanks Gad. i had a look at the area you mentioned last year. wasn't there for long so didn't fish it. the reefs seem to be in a good position for me to take a look at. spoke to a guy the other day who said you can get reef fish and spaniards off the rocks in the areas you have mentioned..looks like he was on the money. cheers :)

Malcolm wrote:

You could go visit my brother Phil in the Bolt Place Bundy and he will help you out with some spots.

Sounds like Gad is on the money

I grew up in Bundy,in a family that enjoyed their fishing,sadly I don`t get back up there as often as I would like to.

The area up there from,Burrum Hds to the south,to Baffle creek to the north,all fish well.

All you need to know is the seasonal habits of your favourites and put the effort in,the area above is all within easy driving distance,and you still have the majority of the day to fish.

cheers

thanks guys. the cochrane and the woodgate artificial reefs are sign posted at the respective boat ramps with a map and GPS marks! that's a great idea. it's a big help to people like me who are just visiting the area. your help is much appreciated. we're thinking of getting a weekender or maybe even move up that way. there's some great looking places to explore. i've heard that some of baffle creek has been made a conservation park (like most places it seems) i'll have to check out what differences that has made? the warmer weather is something that appeals to me too. i keep reading about the barra and jacks in the baffle and the big reds offshore. gets the blood pumping a bit :P i'll keep a note of phil and the bolt place in a safe place

cheers.

Sparksie wrote:

Ooohh....goid info Gad. :cheer:

Supposed to be an artifical reef off Woodgate as well I think? About a Km out..?

Yea,it used to be marked with buoys at each end(imagine it still is),you could see the buoys from the beach.if i remember right it`s depth is about 7or8 metres,it`s spread over

about 400/500 metres

Species caught back then included cod,parrot,squire,troll for mackeral over the top of it

cheers

Archived