RANGERS ACTIVE AT NORTH PINE

rayke1938

Copy of post on ausfish by North Pine Ranger.

Ausfish New Member

Default Rangers Message to fisherman:

Hi Folks.

Darren hokes is my name and im writing this message on behalf of the Rangers that patrol North Pine Dam( Lake Samsonvale ). I was referred to this site by a person who shall remain nameless. The reason i have joined this site is to inform you fisherman who regulary fish North Pine Dam to fish ONLY in the allowed fishing zone which means fishing in the marked area that we have placed around the dam. These areas are marked with a bright tape so there is no excuse to say you didnt see it as some people have been trying to do.

As for the fisherman who dont obey these rules there are fines being handed out at the moment which some people have already copped. It wasn't up to me to inforce this rule so please dont take it out on any of the rangers or me. We enjoy fishing probably as much as anyone on this site. This is just a heads up to what will happen if we do catch anybody fishing these areas anymore, its a waste of our time and yours so please obey these simple rules and there will be no problem and you will be able to fish freely without us nagging you.

One more request, if anybody does see somebody fishing outside these marked zone please dont hesitate to call me on.... +61 (0) 408702621.

Thank you again and ill be keeping a good eye out so we can keep this dam in pristine condition..

Darren Hokes

This frustrates me.

I have fished North Pine in several locations now. Some which i know are allowed, some im not so sure of.

The reason this frustrates me is because i have never seen any of this \"Red tape\".

So what to do. Not fish it all.

Pfffft.

Angus

Angus maybe if the ranger was approached he could supply a map or mote info re taped areas. He seems appeoachable. I have no problems with what they are trying to do if as a result it helps preserve the area. I realise it will disadvantage the responsible anglers but if it will controll the grubs it will be worth it. Maybe it may be possible to extend the permitted area.

Ray

Fair call Ray.

I think im more annoyed that people cause these sort of restrictions to occur. Not actually at the respective ranger.

Would you mind PM'ing him on Ausfish and possibly asking him for said map.

He may also want to make that announcement here as we do have a lot NP fishers, and coming from the ranger himself may be taken with more heed.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

Angus

Copy of pm to ranger on ausfish.

Ray

Darren i tried to send you a message but i dont think it went through so I will try to recall what i sent.

Thankyou for your post . Thers is another group of which I am a member where quite a few members fish north pine . I have spoken to one of the organisers Angus Gorrie who has asked me to approach you to see if you would mind signing on with the group and making a similar post to that on ausfish.

www.australianfishing.com.au

Some of out and ausfish members state that the restricted areas are not clearly marked.

There is a thread on ausfish stating that the public are permitted to bushwalk or walk their dogs anywhere on site. Your comments please.

I have spoken to a ranger who answered the telephone number you provided and he said that the allowable areas are the same as the public areas.

If you do post on our website I do not mind if you state that I invited you'

Is there a process that the public can use to extend the allowable fishing areas?

Please ring me anytime if you find this too voluminious to answer

Ray Kennedy

rayke1938@yahoo.com.au

rayken1938 is online now Forward Message

angus its bright tape not red tape red tape is the bull about the bright tape. Since regaining fishing space is unlikely how about stopping them from taking more away,

ie when you go fishing pick up the scaps that the grubs have left behind and put the catties in a bin. it looks good for you good for the environment good for the fish if the water ever comes up again. I try to do it most of the time

sometimes i do it otherwise it looks like ive done it.

Timbo

It definately is DEFINATE . If you are there before daylight and after sunset the security takes your details and its all passed on to the rangers next morning. If you refuse to give details they just call the police and let them handle it and you also may cop a tresspass charge also.My mate was there after the sun had set but it was still daylight and he copped a friendly warning.They go by the official sunset times adjusted on the Monday of each week.Sounds a bit pedantic but thats the way they work it.

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/02/09 14:55

Spoke with the ranger station responsible for administering NP today, they told me that the only areas now open to public fishing were Bullocky Rest and the cove at the end of the track that goes from the carpark at Bullocky.:angry: Asked about McGavin View and was told definitely no fishing there at all (bugger - one of my favourite spots):angry: :angry: . Asked about times and told definitely no fishing outside the hours of dawn-sundown (double bugger, really good night fishing gone):angry: :angry: :angry: .

timbo with the recycled water it gets treated made potable then transported back to the dams for storage then makes its way back to a treatment plant to get redone

how is that good for us more water better boat ramps better fishing

not as long of a walk for landbased just to get to the shore

I dont think so my mate got sprung by security leaving there just after 6.30 thursday night by security patrol the security guy was quite decent and was only concerned that he was there after sunset. But he may have been a rarity most security people seem full of themselves.Why not give the rangers number at the start of the post a ring they are helpful.

Ray

I have just spoken to the rangers office at NPD for the second time. The first time i did not verify that Darren was an employee all I did was ask about the enforcement as the ranger I spoke to was on his day off at home.

Darren Hokes is not an employee of SEQ water but the rangers office is aware of this post and the ausfish post and have fowarded it to their superiors.

The rules are definatly being enforced and if you are in breech of the rules at this stage you will be asked to leave the site.

Appart from this the ranger said that he is not allowed to comment further. He did state that their job is to look after the water as a drinking supply and being allowed to use the facalities and to fish their was a priveledge,

If you want to read some rabid wankers going off have a read of the post on ausfish.

Ray

Archived