show us your biggest threadies

shidano

you know i was always of the impression that the ones that spend more time further upstream were more golden coloured and the ones that spend more time near the mouth are more silver coloured, do you find more golden ones up that way wes or are they more silver like the ones in your pics there?

of the 8 or so threadies i've caught only one has been silver, i fish for them in the lower reaches and the mouth

i havent caught a thready before but it got me thinkin years ago when i fished the river we got a few jew at a place off land near yeronga and a lot of times at least once every trip we would get busted off on good hard runs almost get the fish in and it would take off with a hell of a run just thought these could have been the culprits as never heard of the thread fin until getting on this site sorry to babble just my two cents.brad

nadders wrote:

you know i was always of the impression that the ones that spend more time further upstream were more golden coloured and the ones that spend more time near the mouth are more silver coloured, do you find more golden ones up that way wes or are they more silver like the ones in your pics there?

of the 8 or so threadies i've caught only one has been silver, i fish for them in the lower reaches and the mouth

yeah not sure why there is 2 color variations :huh: maybe with the research going on they might figure something out about them! i just thought that photos at night of them show them as golden but day photos show the silvery!

i have caught one that was more golden but the others silvery

it was at night [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/105cm_thready_kooka.jpg

post-4300-14459849901_thumb.jpg

its the slime they are covered in that makes them golden im pretty sure, perhaps they need more slime in one environment (less or more salinity) than the other, but i always thought it was the other way round with the more golden ones being further upstream

• 2 weeks later...

well here is one i got last tuesday at the mouth of the river, its my first from there and it was a plus landing this 110cm chunky 9kg threadfy on 3kg pretest saros 3000 t-curve 2-5 kg 1.98! would be the most fun thready out of all of mine! [img size=600]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/6-7bd8738e28a02e56d06a6b2f513e7514.jpg

post-4300-144598499659_thumb.jpg

Archived