the gorge camping area 1/7 to 5/7

Davo_Dinkum

well worked late Tuesday,so drank and slept Tuesday night instead of packing.

so got up late Wednesday and packed and headed off,mid arvo arrive and setup.

not to bad all setup and fed and around the fire before dark .

we had another family with us ,they don't camp as much as us but think they will more after a great weekend was had.

scotch and port where the drinks around the fire trying to stay warm .

we where in the same spot as last time right on the river with the fire on the bank and us sitting around it .very nice .

not much fishing done, had the pots out and got some freshwater yabbies.

bait was lunchon and left over mince and meats from dinners.

kids all had a fish with lunchon as bait and yabbies.

i soaked a cpl of yabbies and threw a popper around a little.

other guy tried he plastic frog lure for a bit .

really quite but the river was quite low ,but they let water out of moogerah and the level rose over the next 3 days .

that was good as we could canoe further with out having to walk it .

as we didn't really fish much just canoed about and explored the area more .

played the usual bush games ,army ,44 home and capture the flag .

keeps the kids busy and some of the adults.

gives davo time to canoe about in peace and wander around the area exploring .:)

the area was nice and quite ,never more than about 10 camps there at one time over the 5 days .that includes the 2 cabins ,which always had some1 in ,since its winter.

meant to be there for 4 days ,but as always we stay extra.no work on Monday so we stayed a extra night ,had a mate come over for the night .

lovely place .if u like bush camping u have to check it out .got septic toilets so that's nice .has showers ,u got the heat up the copper or 44 for the showers ,but seams to work well as some 1 form one of the camps dose it each day .

i did it i day ,had a nice fire under the 44, from 1 pm to 5 pm.with every1 showered ,warm and happy.it was a nice arvo for me .chillin out in a chair and tending to the fire and have a few bourbons .

this was our first real winter camping trip .

as i don't like the cold ,usually don't go camping from the end of May to September.

but after this 1 will definitely do it more.

good time and warming up around the fire .:)

nope

don't know if there is any carp in there.don't think there is .

reynolds creek runs of lake moogerah.

meant to be bass and yellow in there.

so far have got spangled perch and eel tail catfish.

didn't try for bass ,since it's out of season ,but will try next time we are there should be in season .

next time i'm there going to do the walk for the gorge to the spillway on moogerah dam .its about 3 km's i think ,rough ground but some fishy look areas.

was going to do the walk this time but the port and scotch zapped my motivation.

ah that's a bugger feral

yarramalong is the other side of the creek.

lucky u dino.

we could go to my dad's mine at ruby vale ,but it's a 1000km drive and at least 8 hrs trip.

but they tell me the blue claw are getting big in there dam .

we go to the gorge .cause it's under a hr drive and at 3$ a person a night cheap

[img size=706]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/camping_area.jpg

Archived