fingal head LBG and HSS

stingray

Hi All,

I'm looking into doing a trip to fingal head just down from tweed heads for some LBG and HSS. I never been or fished there but been told it's good.

Anyone fished the headland there ? or is keen to come ? Hope to do it by the end of july as soon as swell drops of and it's safe.

Marek

I went there for a skewl thingy and there was a bloke down on the rocks at the fingal heads lighthouse getting tailor after tailor. That day 40cm+ bream where being caught of the beach with worms, and out on the reefs they were getting king fish.

Hopes this helps

PLUUUUGGGGGAAAA :laugh:

Ok... Lbg at fingal head. Kinda the wrong time of year but you can get lucky with big trevally at this time of year. Sharks are also present all year.

Pick a westerly wind. This allows you to float balloons out with the wind. Live baits are best, mullet, pike and squid are probably the easiest to get but remember no cast nets in nsw. White trevs, whiting and legal tailor are also good, remember a live bait still has to be legal size. Basically then it's just sit and wait, anything can come along to play including Jew, xos tailor, sharks, gt, Aussie salmon and even rat cobia and kingies. For smaller stuff, go with with big slugs like 50g minimum, and vary your retrieve speed a lot, only tuna and macks will hit a flat out slug and they are very scarce at this time of year. Targets on slugs would be tailor, Aussie salmon and trevally.

In summer, add tuna and mackeral and the odd kingy to the target list and I know a bloke who landed a 42kg black marlin there in Jan this year...

Good luck!

Benno

Benno Thanks very much for the good info :) just what i was after to backup my own mind on the winds and ways to fish there.

I know summer will be the pick of the year like most LBG on the NSW north coast. I'm keen to go and have a look at the place first.

Angus the new dispay picture rat yellowtail kingfish caught on a 65g from the rocks.

Archived