Tinny Sounder Mounting Ideas

falconsforge

Just bought a Lowrance HDS 5 for the tinny (15' stessel HD, 30 Yam tiller) The current setup (bolted to the top of the esky) works ok for the $100 Eagle but is not my ideal solution. So Im looking for any good ideas you might have seen.

Long term Im still tossing up over a side or centre console or keep the tiller. Major design concideration is getting crab pots on board single handed without drowning/tangling with gear.

Cheers

Alan

reguardless of where you place it, it has to be easy to punch buttons and also be readable, myself i had a piece of timber bolted between the 2 ribs where you sit with holes drilled for lures and the likes and mounted to that, was timber cut to the base shape of the sounder. tip' use some pvc stuff like cutting board material, mount it to the timber first with a single bolt and the sounder base to that, if you get that.

rob

hey mate,

i built a panel to mount sounder and switches, covered it with foam then vinyl. steer the tiller with my right hand therefore sit on the port side of the boat so i have put the console on the starboard side. easy to access, out of the way, only downside is if someone sits down the back beside me and blocks my vision, this happened once, on the only occasion i have had 4 people in the boat. hope this gives you some ideas mate.

buzz... boat_015_AFO.jpg

im one to know about electronics and water :laugh: phones, cameras, hand held 2 ways, you name it ive drowned it :laugh: last time i left the gps in the boat after a late finish it rained and yeah had to drive around with it in the sun on the dash for a week to get the pixels back to life :huh:

Travis wrote:

im one to know about electronics and water :laugh: phones, cameras, hand held 2 ways, you name it ive drowned it :laugh: last time i left the gps in the boat after a late finish it rained and yeah had to drive around with it in the sun on the dash for a week to get the pixels back to life :huh:
i belive ya lmao

Archived