big thready on plastics at mouth

dragons7

hey guys meet up with alan/falconsforge a afo member today to throw some plastics around and soak some baitfor snapper got to the pinkemba ramp around 6.00am went off up to the wharfs to chase some snapper spent a good 2 hours up there soaking some pillies in a trail for not much luck 2 small snapper around 30cm and 2 bream aroun 25cms so we thought its time for a move.

2nd spot was to hit the pipe where ive caught threadies alot and with the first cast of my squiddgie tap tap bang iwas on use in only 8lb fireline and 12 lb leader had him on for bout 40 sec thought i had him beat just about too pull the anchor and play him out to the middle river and pop leader broke change me leader upgraded to 20lb put a new jig head on and new plastic on little bit of s factor bout 10 casts later a couple lttle bumps and bang im on big time fish was good this time it headed straight out to the mouth alan wounded his rod in and started the motor as we slowly cruised him out in the open fight went for around 20 mins he just wouldnt come up get him to the side of the boat and he would take another big run and another big run finally got up and he was spent got the lip grips on and he was in the boat yeah baby pb for me beat my 101cm made it look like a baby itwas a great fight. went back in for a few more cats and nailed a nice tailor of 37cm thought we would make a move and see if we could get alan on to some nice bream went over to wharfs on the way back to the ramp few some berkely shrimps i nailed 2 bream in about 5 min they would of been around the 27 to 30cms nice bream after this alan wanted to call it a day

cheers to aln for the day mate good team work to land that big thready cheers shane thready_resized.jpg

cracker of a fish mate surely was an epic battle

me and rob were wondering when you were gonna get him in haha time enough for 2 dropped threadies and lots of profanities from our boat :D

i'll have to have a play with some plastics, picked up some berkeley hollow belly swimbaits which look more or less the same profile as a tranzam a while back but havent swum em, would be awesome to not lose $30 lures to unforced errors like cranking the drag up high haha

you guys made the right decision backing up to the channel hey the way that big fella was going off if you stuck around the structure you'd surely have been done.

by the way hold on to the guts and frame if its not too late for research, i can hook you up with the # of the fella

yeah mate noworries ive put them in the freezer so yeah there yours mate yeah ino what you are saying about those lures ive bought some nice jackall style lures of ebay cost me like 12 dollars for 5 and the threadys love them i normaly only only use platics now just upgrade and down grade size of plastic but stick to same pattern he was an fish so much fun

Archived