Clontarf Flathead 19.07.2009

stewie

Hey Guys,

Hit the Clontarf foreshore @ 1pm today for a 3 hour session chasing lizards on plastics (in the trusty waders). Worked hard for the first hour, but absolutely no fish. Move toward another set of rocks and found a series of fish. Most were in the 35-40cm range. Dropped a number as well, which was frustrating, but nothing of any size anyhow. The wind sprung up a little more than I was anticipating and from the South which was a tough breeze at this location.

Anyway, ended up landing 9 flathead, dropped around the same number. Kept 2 @ around 45cm for a cook-up tomorrow night. All fish on the 3" Gulp Shrimp.

Have a great week,

Stewie.

i believe him...there is heaps of flatties there (a lot around just under legal)...the other day i dropped a few from the shore(waders would covers heaps more ground) and the only one i managed to get up bit me off as i pulled him from the water and fell between the rocks and found a way out to live another day...good work stewie, u slay the flatties mate

No problems Plugga, my end. I understand you meant no harm. I have just re-setup the boogie board (my wading companion) and have an dry area for a camera. Hard to take the snap when you are 2-3 feet in the waders. So in the next month or so, photos a plenty ... although one flathead will look like another.

Any non-believers can just stay away ;-).

I am hopeful of another report next week, so will try to take the camera. ;-).

See ya,

Stewie.

Hey guys. Let's take it easy ... matches my life then. I have taken no offence at all. If anyone is keen to get some flathead on plastics, the area is ripe and has been for the last month or so. Just take what you need.

Let's spread the love ;-).

Stewie.

I see where the Plugmeister is coming from...

I've always had this rule between my mates and I, it covered everything - "photos or it didnt happen"

Got caught out myself last week in north QLD actually, caught my first ever wild barra, but with no net and in remote country i was just reaching down to thumb grip him (approx 55-60cm) and he gave one little last flick and the trebles came out....

He sat there for a bit regaining his composure and then swam off....

I could claim it...but under my own rules i cant - photos or it didnt happen.........

Archived