Offshore Kayaking: Saturday & Sunday 25/26 July

Terry H

Change of plans for this thread.

Saturday 25 July 2009:

Originally I didn't post about this because the weather was predicted to be fairly $#!t with 18-16 knots forecasted on Seabreeze along with a 3m swell to go with it. I still intended to fish Saturday, however only with Lee and given the conditions didn't open this up to everybody. No offence to anyone, I knew the conditions were going to be extremely poor and only the silliest people should head out into it.

Now the forecast is substantially better and I think conditions are suitable enough to open it to other people.

Original plan was to hit Raper's Shaol. I don't have a Sounder, so will be relying on GPS marks. However it is a shallow reef and if the water is clear enough (is during the middle of the day) you will be able to almost sight cast those big snapper.

Sunday 26th July 2009:

Weather is looking fairly good Sunday.

Given Lee's recent successes (and smoking bust off) My intention at this stage is to hit Raper Shoal.

Al (Biggles) sounded like he might be interested when I sent him a text message.

Details for both days:

Launch Time: 5:30am

Launch Location: Currimundi Lake (the beach out the front there).

It will be a full surf launch. Strap everything down and wear a PFD.

Bump. Updated First post.

With the change in weather, others welcome to come Saturday too. Almost a bummer, I was looking forward to the 18 knots and 3m swells for launching off Currimundi and fishing Rapers... lol :) Oh well I'm sure I can handle some calmer conditions!

Archived