Norman Creek 22July : Mission Impossible

Jason1978

Hi everyone and here is today's fishing report from the mouth of Norman Creek ( sounds very news like doesn't it )

Thanks to Tankus for turning up to throw some bait around, nice to meet ya mate :)

I turned up with my father in law just after nine and shortly after Tankus arrived. After our introductions it was time to get our fishing faces on and rig up, baits of choice for the day were chicken, beef, hardy heads and a Tn 60 lure. High tide was at 10 am and it was very quiet to begin with. High tide came and went and on the outgoing tide chicken seemed to be a favorite as loads of bites were had by all by alas we could not pull anything out of the water. We feared that shit picker fish were the culprits (can i say shit picker, is that allowed ).

I left around 1330 to get back in time to pick up my kids from school and Tankus hung around to see what would develop later on in the day ( he might still be there :)

So the score was 6 snags in total and lost gear, lots a bites and no fish. Norman Creek was the winner of this round.... but there is always next time.

On the upside i got to use my new rod and reel which is just as good as i thought it would be.

I wait anxiously for Tankus's reply for the report on the rest of the arvo. :)

Later all

Alright here is my response of what happened after he left.

Snags = 4

Fish = 0

One big crazy run = 1 (im running 25lb was a good run too)

Asian taking a photo of hardy heads = 1

Police trying to give me a ticket for parking on the footpath = 1 (i got out of it)

Time left 330 still no fish

I know it was all bad :{ stupid snags even under the bridge where you were fishing i got snagged up. I got out of the ticket by telling him i have been fishing the whole day lost money from not working and I didn't catch a thing, he laughed said I have had a bad enough day and told me better luck next time. Works for me. The crazy run was around 3ish i was getting pretty soft and wasn't holding the rod and eating my last apple (yay apples) and had the drag set pretty loose then zzzzzzzzzzzz off it went I grabbed it did the essential tightning of the drag kept taking line I was a little worried all the braid was going before my eyes then the terrible feeling of it all going loose. It must of snagged cos it broke above the swivel ahhhhh stupid fish but you got to love it.

Archived