Blasts from the past! What was your first AFO do?

Feral

Came across a couple of photo's of my first ever AFO event. June 06 Winter Comp at Newstead Park.

Came across this mad young student who was harnessing himself up to the biggest fishing reel I had ever seen,after paddling a bait that looked like a sack of snakes out in to the river attached to little bo peeps crook!.

Another old reprobate with a half modified ski boat, and a scrawny young fella who was an honest real estate salesman with big ideas almost as big as his heart!

P1030194.jpg

P1030188.jpg

P1030218.jpg

It was a meeting that was the start of some great friendships!

Feral wrote:

Came across a couple of photo's of my first ever AFO event. June 06 Winter Comp at Newstead Park.

P1030218.jpg

It was a meeting that was the start of some great friendships!

Like the photo of the young bloke in the smooth hat that i lost for him.Onya Chili.

Cheers

Ray

guess it would be the kooka park shark fish social.

even know i only turned up for a lunch time chat,but did make it back later in arvo/night for a fish and more chat.boy got a good flatty that time.:)

was a quick fish and home for a bbq i had to do but we had the bbq flatty as a bonus on the bbq. and met my first afo people there .gus,rob travis,kev,and a few others.mite get the name wrong so will leave the rest as others lol.

there was the drinks at brekky creek hotel .met jeff,richard, there rob me and sticky where there to that was a good arvo.

wello swap meet would be the next 1 .lunch time chat there too.bit of a patten there.met new people there too.

the SOO will be my first proper event i guess .at least i will be there before lunch ,cause i will be sleeping somewhere .lol

some good times so far :)

robin wrote:

Looks like fun, pitty i dont have a boat, any good landbased locations at the Hinze dam

Robin at our Hinze Dam events over 10 boats are supplied.

Guys I made a new thread with some other event pictures. Thread is called: "Good times good times".

Angus

My first time meeting a few was at north pine for a social I dont have any pics of everyone there but thats when we where nailing them on slugs at mcgavins,the second time was at the Pin flatty hunt where I caught more bream than flatty 101_0806_AFO.jpg

RE the 07 photo

What a buzz, thanks whoever did that. I am happy to say I have not put on much weight, well not much I haven't, and thanks to Angus I stll have my cool hat but it has been religated to the pool room.

Special mention to Ando...green shirt green hat... that guy can fish.

yeah the wello pt swap meet was the 1st for me to meet a few of the afo crew, I arrived bearing gifts, well the price was that low they were nearly gifts ha ha, and the ones that missed a bargain there got in for some lure bargains a few weeks later at sommerset dam, and now when they land a big one they think of me and have nightmares ha ha.

Archived