NO FISHING at Oxley Creek mouth????

madtazz

Had the day off so decided to go feed the fish for a while. Headed across to the mouth of Oxley creek to start thing off. --- note to self: Check the tide chart before walking out the door! :( got down there to see heaps of mu and the pontoon sitting on the creek bed.

Worse than this I noticed the council had put up a lovely little sign.... no_fish.jpg

How long has this been there???

fishing_hardcore wrote:

there is no fish there anyway, except bull routs, catfish and stingrays...

Seen plenty of bream and threadies pulled from there, as well as jacks upstream a bit. Pretty sure people have pulled jew from there as well.

But yes the sign seems to 'fall off' fairly regularly ;)

Joel ;)

madtazz wrote:

Had the day off so decided to go feed the fish for a while. Headed across to the mouth of Oxley creek to start thing off.

Worse than this I noticed the council had put up a lovely little sign.... no_fish.jpg

How long has this been there???

Over a couple of years now,councill has had a no fishing sign in place there.The sign is there untill someone rips it off.Then it takes councill a fair amount of time to replace it,after numerous demands from the scout mob who rightly object to the mess left on the pontoon by grubs who use it to fish from.I went down one Saturday morning last year looking for prawning spots and the scouts,who wanted to launch their canoes, were cleaning it up after some one had built a bond fire on the pontoon the night before,and had left prawns,squid and other litter on the pontoon.

I can understand that. I cant understand what is so hard about taking their rubbish with them. I know personaly I always take a garbage bag with me when I go out and it usually contains half a bag of everyone else's rubbish. even more anoying when people have to go past a bin on their way from bank to their car!

yea i know what you mean. i fish there from time to time and always rock up to find bait bags and line lying around.

I feel as long as you keep it clean and take away rubbish after you're done, no one would complain about it.

when i'm there, i always flush away all the mud/dirt so its clean for the canoeists. like i said, don't give them a reason to complain and i'm sure they'll be fine.

Archived