Jindalee boat ramp this morning

51MPL

Well no class at uni today so decided to be nice and drop my gf off to uni in the city, on the way home dropped by jindalee boat ramp as heard it was ok to give it a go.. brought 2 rods - one with some chicken breast and the other i was trying sp minnows/shrimp/strikepro vibe/hb's nothing so changed that to bait and had both rods on the ground =]

Stayed for about hr and a half from 8.30-10 and got 2 catties low-mid 20's and also a fat eel. First time i hooked the eel i thought i caught a snag but i was able to keep winding it in and once it got closer to the jetty there it dived under and i thought i lost it but was able to turn it and get it back out.. got it to the surface and saw it and thought to myself.. what am i gonna do with it now lol?! i didn't wanna keep anything just after a bit of fun sport so i thought meh, get it up then cut line n push it back in.

As i went to push it back in the line snaps (had no leader just a 6g jighead) so i lost that and re-tied the rod with some 10lb mono leader and casted off to the left towards the mangroves. Other rod was gettin no bites so i casted same direction too.. went quiet for about 15-20minutes then i got a few taps but whatever was nibbling wouldn't take the bait so i just left the rod. Was getting sunny and forgot my hat again *sigh* so started winding the rods in and i thought aww crap i've caught a snag again cos there was sh!t floating around everywhere.. same thing so wound it in and lifted it up got a few happy snaps and i was about to let it go but was it had completely swallowed my hook and i had no pliers (where did they go?)

A family walking/playing with their dog came over and had a look around and told me that there are mullet here but never saw an eel so i was like ahh okay.. had the castnet in the car but there was so much crap floating around i didnt wanna risk it (is it safe to casnet here?).. packed up ready to leave after dropping the eel back in the water and saw a couple dead mullet floating in the water!

Got a couple pics of those too and went home to study haha, pretty fun morning :)

pics to come later once i find cable for my phone

Archived