long Brissy river session today (14/9/09)

Keen-as-fisho

Had today off as we worked on Ekka wednesday, so off my old man and I went for a flick on the river. we launced at fishermens island at 7am as usual and headed straight to 100. We flicked transams in blue, light green, dark green spotted and white/red for 2ish hours with not even a hit :angry: . so we spent the next 6 to 7 hours going back and forth hitting all my top spots including going back to 100 between moves to only get 1 pike on the dark green spotted transam and 1 decent strike but no hook up :( . Had a quick fick at the end of the extension and caught a small finger mark. 4pm had arrived and home for a coldy was on our minds, but as always 1 more cast :P ! so into boggy for a drift and the best session of the day was had. We caught a load off flatties at least 20, we kept 3, I caught a nice 43cm cod on a 4 inch swimming mullet in camo, also caught a flounder on the same plastic B) .

53cmduskyon4inchcamoswimmingmulletb.jpg

49cmduskyon4inchbrightyellowgulpbog.jpg

43cmcodon4inchswimmingmulletincamob.jpg

fingermarkon4inchcamoswimmingmullet.jpg

flounderon4inchcamoswimmingmulletbo.jpg

We were on the water for 11 hours all up! :angry:

good sesh mate

dont feel bad about the pipeline not producing, it is by no means a sure thing. with such a huge area and no real specific spots for the fish to congregate it is often just a game of moving and casting until you hit the right place- a game of patience

thousandyards wrote:

uglyfish wrote:
Mosses perch,not a finger mark

how about 'great report mate - good that you eventually got on to some fish. by the way, the fingermark's actually a moses perch - great eating if you can get one legal size

Not a bad day mate,mosses are surpurb eating when u do get one big enough,thousandyards would u like a tissue?

Archived