Meet and Greet Day

kezza99

OK. So here it is so far. Meet and Greet day for AFO members (and friends, family etc of course) on Saturday the 31st of March at Colmslie Recreation Reserve. Please let me know of your interest to this day. As it stands i will supply my BBQ and a few kilos of sausages. Anyone that can help me out with the transport of the BBQ from my place at Wynnum to the event would be appreciated, and back of course. Would only need a ute tray or small trailor. Anyone else that could supply other gear ie tarps for shade, bread etc please voice your intent. Thanx all. :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be at Hervey bay, otherwise I'd be there.

If your worried about the facilities at Comslie, dont forget there is a fantastic park about 200 yards downstream of it, with lots a BBQ's, kids swings etc etc. (Access is via the road leading off the roundabout south of Comslie).

Another good site for this sort of thing would be the park at the Shorncliffe pier. Lots of BBQ's swimming for kids, swings for kids, lots of tables under cotton easters.

Last time I checked, Shorncliffe Pier would be a bad spot for a BBQ (If you're after parks etc). When I went there last (couple of months) the whole site was a construction site. All the carparks and parks were closed off, the only thing accessible was the pier. Otherwise it would be a good location, could put out a shark bait ;)

kezza99 wrote:

Thanx for ya interest cliffy. Keep posted for more info. Got any ideas for the day? Not too sure bout the ramp, dont have a boat so never needed to look for one.

Dunno how many of the members are family types, but it seems to me that you can never have enough kids getting involved in fishing - how 'bout a mini-comp for the littlies on the day? Y'know, small prize for the biggest fish, smallest fish, most fish, whatever. I'd be happy to run a few out on the Jolly Roger (boat), unsure how that'd sit with public liability insurance though if we're setting this up as an official AFO gig.B)

Good call. That's the best ramp on the Brissy River. Busy but good. Also it's a great park for a gathering. :) It has a sandy beach and a nice jetty with a seperate rock wall.

For insurance reasons lets keep it an informal gathering with everyone encouraged to attend.

I'll check with the minister for war and finance to get permission.;) Maybe May might be better but lets see what everyone else says.

March we have Hinze Dam. This is a great opurtunity for meet and greet. April is Easter. May the bream start to fire up. ;)

Poor Feral - wife bound again:laugh:

Good idea, but I don't like fishing landbased from colmslie. Unless you fish from the actually pontoon(no fishing allowed) its really shallow and hard to get your baits out into the deep. But we could just get some kayaks or something to deploy them. But it is winter so there shouldn't be many sharks around anyway.

Tim a wrote:

Good idea, but I don't like fishing landbased from colmslie. Unless you fish from the actually pontoon(no fishing allowed) its really shallow and hard to get your baits out into the deep. But we could just get some kayaks or something to deploy them. But it is winter so there shouldn't be many sharks around anyway.

Tim, I'll have my boat there, you're welcome to hop aboard and head out to wet a lineB) .

Cliffy wrote:

Tim a wrote:

Tim, I'll have my boat there, you're welcome to hop aboard and head out to wet a lineB) .

same here timbo anyone wanting to deploy baits or shootoff for a cast welcome aboardB)

jeff f wrote:

Cliffy wrote:
Tim a wrote:

same here timbo anyone wanting to deploy baits or shootoff for a cast welcome aboardB)

Excellent!! I'll take one of you up on your offer. Who has more room? Thanks ALOT!!

Tim

Tim a wrote:

What date is the hinze trip?

The Hinze trip is Sunday 18/3/7 and the Meet and Greet is Sat 31/3/7. So they don't realy conflict except 2 events in the same month, 4 events if you count the Bribie and Borumba comps.

I'll try and get to both but I might have to put in some big brownies.

Tim a wrote:

Thanks Brian.

Well I'm there, and looking forward to it as well! I'm getting a cheapish overhead setup for heavyish line for my B'day so I'll test it there. Where are the guys in boats going? like around the gateway or something?

I don't often fish the rivr, more of a bay and North Pine river addict. Happy to take advice as to the best place to go on the day, Tim!B)

Jimstlucia wrote:

Would love to have met all you legends, but on 31st will be at Wooli.... poor-bugger-me. Never been there before but am testing the camping trailer I have ordered for the first time... a week at Wooli and then 10 days at Yamba. Hope it's a great day! Post some pics.

Don't worry about our pics mate you just make sure you post some of your new trailer and all them fish you get at Yamba.;) Where is Wooli - doesn't matter post some pics of the fish - there is fish there right?:cheer:

I am jealous Jim - new trailer and holiday -yeah poor bugger you:P B)

By the way welcome to the site:)

rayke1938 wrote:

Sorry guys thats two events i will muss out on ( also the tinney and tackle show). We will be in Tassie from 26/3 till 18/4.( Without any fishing rods)

Ray

thats crying shame ray all that way and no fishing!i've got a couple of 5 piece rods that will fit in a suitcase if you want to borrow them.

Lozzel wrote:

Sat 31/3/07, OK ,I am there too (I hope):blink:, am moving house over the first couple of weeks in march. :pinch: so no fishing :angry: But hope to be settled enough to have a day out by then:) :)<br><br>Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/02/26 20:52

yopu're not escaping from ippy are ya loz

jeff f wrote:

Lozzel wrote:
Sat 31/3/07, OK ,I am there too (I hope):blink:, am moving house over the first couple of weeks in march. :pinch: so no fishing :angry: But hope to be settled enough to have a day out by then:) :)<br><br>Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/02/26 20:52

yopu're not escaping from ippy are ya loz

No jeff ,still in redbank plains , only moving about 1km from where we are now. This house has been sold so have to move. :pinch:

Archived