Meet and Greet Day

kezza99

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Kezza, I can't help with a trailer for the BBQ but I can tell you that a couple of years ago I had to organise a few social functions in Brisbane City parks for the crowd I was working for...at that time you could actually book council BBQ's and covered areas for specific events for a very small sum. I'm sure that a few of us wouldn't mind putting up some stake money to help out if this is still the case, and it means we've got a guaranteed site (you could even pick the spot the last time I looked at it). Hope this helps...;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, since we are only 3 weeks out from this event just checking we still have the interest for the day as the topic has been off the latest forum posts list for a couple of weeks now. Just need to double check who would be willing to help out with food for the day. I will supply a few kilos of snags (Sausages i meen not submerged obstacles :) ) so bread or rolls and sauces would be good. Does anyone have a gazebo or something we could use?

kezza99 wrote:

Thanx again for the info Cliffy. But if a few of us are there at 730 - 8 am i dont think we will have any trouble gettin a BBQ. Hey Angus, Any chance we could get a hold of the banner used at the classic to put up on the shelter?

Hey Kezza I don't remember seeing any BBQ's at the park. Are you sure they exist? We are talking the park at the ramp?

Hey Brian.. mate i dont have a boat so im not sure where the ramo is. I am talking about the park that has the cruise ship berth on 1 side and the fish markets on the other. Does anyone know if they have bbq's there. I will go for a drive out there today to check. Have a look at this pic and tell me, this is where i am talking about. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/colmslie_Reserve.jpg

Post edited by: kezza99, at: 2007/03/10 08:12

post-589-144598408331_thumb.jpg

Hi All, as a new member I was keen to get together with some fellow fishing enthusiasts (addicts!), but unfortunatly I have a prior engagement that can't be broken:( . Look forward to the next opportunity and learning some good tips and tricks for local fishin!

Keen as Mustaad ( or Gamakatsu:laugh: )

I'm thinking of head down to put a few faces to names and have a bit of a fish but I'm not to sure about getting there....so I'm asking if anyone from northside is heading down and maybe if I can score a lift?? I'm willing to throw in for fuel so if anyones keen let me know......

Keen to meet everyone and share a few SECRET spots..:laugh:

yeah i only got a fine and also i only had my first drive to the city centre last week so im looking for someone that knows there way round!!!

I can take me car but im looking to split the cost of fuel so its a wee bit cheaper for both of us who ever that maybe.....

Post edited by: Dazzamcgee, at: 2007/03/25 15:37

Mate i was in Lismaore to see my brother wasnt fishing unfortunately. There is a dam nearby though(Rocky creek dam i think) that might be alright. Not sure if it can be fished though cause it is the water source for northern NSW. Yes it is Saturday. I will bring a few kilos of snags. Those who said they could do bread, sauce etc is that still ok? Does anyone remember if that wood BBQ had wood?..Council Supplied? or BYO?

I thinking that I might get there a bit early for a bit of a troll out to the mouth and back - but the weather man says rain.:ohmy:

Cliffy the boat ramp at Colmslie is great but busy. It has a nice landing jetty and a nice beach. It is about 2 mins x 6knots down river from the meet and greet park but it is not walkable. So we'll have to anchor up or tie off to the fishing jetty at the park. It's all managable.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/27 13:45

Archived