Meet and Greet Day

kezza99

Angus wrote:

Well the God of work have intervened and i wont be bale to make it Saturday Guys.

This is why I tried to get Somerset on a Sunday and not Saturday.:(

God i wish this was my first job!!

Please take lots of pics and give us a good report.

Angus

Will do photos - I got 2 new cameras - 1 just like yours. Here comes some underwater shots of sharks.:woohoo:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kezza99 wrote:

Just to clarify with everyone. Which Reserve has the BBQ? The one near the hockey fields or the one up near the cruise ship terminal?

I don't think there are any BBQ's at the ramp which is the one near the hockey field. I think there are BBQ's at the the cruise ship terminal but it is not real boat friendly.

I would prefer the park at the ramp but I will fit in.

Cliffy - do you have a marine radio on board? If so I'll give you a call after I finished filling the esky with fish to tell you where they were:P

Ok....so i guess it makes sense to move the event to the ramp at the hockey fields...If you guys are talking to others who are attending please let them know of the venue change....Where will i get wood from?....another problem....anyone got a tree to chop down?...:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Weather Report

A few shower developing on the change.

Saturday: SE winds 20/30 knots. Seas to 1.4 metres. Isolated showers.

Are you guys still putting your boats in? I'm thinking about sticking to the back waters to avoid the wind. I might just end up chasing prawns in the Albert and Logan.

Brian D wrote:

Weather Report

A few shower developing on the change.

Saturday: SE winds 20/30 knots. Seas to 1.4 metres. Isolated showers.

Are you guys still putting your boats in? I'm thinking about sticking to the back waters to avoid the wind. I might just end up chasing prawns in the Albert and Logan.

mmmm lovely weather:(

Post edited by: Tim a, at: 2007/03/30 08:47

I'm definitely still putting in, weather or no weather :evil: ! Good opportunity to check out the repairs, also can't resist the opportunity to wet a line. Bimini top will take care of the worst of the showers. Also, how bad can it be on the river...not like we're heading out into the bay tomorrow anyway B)

kellyndamien wrote:

Sounds like a winner, kezza. I'll be there with wife & toddler. I have one of those round camping BBQs that I can chuck in - I could probably lay my hands on some wood if we really wanted it... gas seems heaps easier tho! Is someone bringing bread?

the bread is on me

Hey Kezza

There is a hard top covered area over looking the landing beach and jetty. You should be able to get it if you are early enough.:) If you get there at 3.30am you can help with the cast net.;)

Cliffy - I was planning on hitting the bay before sun up. My problem with the wind from the south is that all the good Jack spots I know, from say the bridge to the mouth, are open to south winds. I was hoping to get to bay side of fishermans with a few livies about 4am.

But not with 30's SE in the dark thanks.:pinch: THat would be crazy. Oh what to do?:blink:

Going to bed....hope to see alot of you guys there tomorrow morning....Look for me i will be in the old blue commodore...Will prob head out at about 5 to get there bout 5:20....JUST TO CLARIFY WITH EVERYONE, THE EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE PARK AT THE HOCKEY FIELDS..... not upnear the cruise ship berth...

Going to bed....hope to see alot of you guys there tomorrow morning....Look for me i will be in the old blue commodore...Will prob head out at about 5 to get there bout 5:20....JUST TO CLARIFY WITH EVERYONE, THE EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE PARK AT THE HOCKEY FIELDS..... not upnear the cruise ship berth...

Been out tonight and missed most of the action re tomorrow...Brian, I can't get there until about 8:15, I'm thinking we might try a few spots such as under the Gateway, up near Brett's, or (wind permitting) over by the rock wall up towards the mouth. 'Course, I'm always open to a better plan of attack, seeing as I don't fish the river much. Tim's got a few spots he reckons are good that I'd like to have a look at while we're out. 4am sounds tempting, but I've got the young fella along tomorrow and that's not a happening thing this time...happy to do an early morning with just us big kids another time, though. See ya in the morning!

Cliffy wrote:

I'm definitely still putting in, weather or no weather :evil: ! Good opportunity to check out the repairs, also can't resist the opportunity to wet a line. Bimini top will take care of the worst of the showers. Also, how bad can it be on the river...not like we're heading out into the bay tomorrow anyway B)

Be careful Cliffy, Big tide at 8am, once it changes the wind will be quartering the tide, down near the sunken wall and in the boat passage the chop can get nasty. We took a wave over the bow in what is now Jeff's boat during the classic last year in similar conditions.

Brian in my post about the ramp I meant the Aquarium passage boat ramp used to be ok in a southerly, NOT the boat passage! (But as I said reports are it is pretty run down)

Hi Feral - Yeah I know the ramp you mention and suggest that noone use it. THe Colmslie ramp is fine in the the SE 20+s, in fact it's a great ramp.

Cliffy I don't know what sort of donk you got but I think you got a half cabin, if so you'll be ok in the river but Feral's right, with the outgoing tide and the wind same direction, it's a bit hairy at the mouth. You'll be OK just be careful.

At this stage I very much doubt my attendance, I have the Grant Hackett syndrome. I just woke up so I'm already late, I'm too buggered to prepare the boat and my grand daughter is here saying \"Pop Pop Pop\". In addition Wifie wants a lunch date and movie.

It is looking like Sunday for me.

Okay, so a few things to cover here...first a big thanks to kezza for organizing the whole shebang - well done mate, cheers B)! Secondly, thanks to Tim for going deckie today, great job mate and nice new rig to boot. I'd post a fishing report but think I'll leave that to Tim (in other words I'll leave the reporting to someone who actually caught some fish :( ). Great day on the water, the forecast winds didn't show up until late in the piece, no showers, plenty sunshine. Pretty much the worst we had to contend with was City Cat wake, so pretty smooth all things considered. Thanks again kezza!:woohoo:

A big thank you to Kezza for your work in arranging the day. Well done B)

WE realy enjoyed meeting new fishers and putting a face to the names.

Oztrav,Glenda and I arrived at ramp at 6am,casted for some livies and set off to under gateway.No luck so after an hour or so headed down to fish the wharves, glenda had a hit and so did I, OZ was just drowning baits,No luck here so headed into Bulimba Ck. OZ got a couple of hits with no luck, Called it a day at arround 11 am and returned to the M&G fishless.

Met with Kerry (Kezza99)and soon after Damien and family arrived (Kellyndamien).WEBBY droped in to say HIand stayed for awhile.Cliffy and Timbo were trying to catch that elusive fish of the day.Set up for BBQ, socialized for awhile then had lunch.Day broke up arround 2.30 pm .

A couple of happy snaps and photos of park & ramp.Batteries went flat in camera or would have taken more. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0649.JPG

post-742-144598410512_thumb.jpg

Archived