old evinrude outboard??????/

chandler130

hey guys a mate bought a old dunger of a boat and motor to take his young fella fishin. i was lookin at the motor for him when i notice that the gearbox had a hole in the housing no oil inside and full of crap. so pulled all apart to tig up rebuild for him but the engine is so old the spec plate has fallin off, makin it hard to get parts don't even know the horse power. it is a ancient eveinrude fisherman.looks around 6 or 9.9 or sumthink.

is there an old outboard wreckers some where that might help out with a full gear box or does anyone have an outboard they might off load around 15hp for a good price.even if it a bit of a fixer upper cos couldn't be much worse than this one!!!

Pretty sure i got an old evinrude gearbox in one of the pallet boxes, not sure on Hp tho, I will have a look tomorrow,-

At the age it sounds though it may be easier/better to get a second hand motor, as there pretty cheap and probabally more reliable then what you have there,- Remember on the water theres no tow trucks!! :)

Ill have a look tomorrow,

Cheers,

Archived