1 piece vs 2 piece...

Casting all day I have tossed a few tops on two piece rods. Its generally not a problem. Just wind in and reset the top. However I did have a big barra smash a two piece rod, I had been casting all day, the join must have work lose, but not enough to come apart. When the barra hit it just blew the joint to smitherins. It was a cheap rod, a Pen gold something or other.

These days if I am using a 2 piece (generally in the yak, coz I wont use my good rods in the yak) I check the firmness of the join every hour or so. Usually needs tightening once or twice a day, particularly if using big cod or barra lures.

Remembering I am a mad lure caster, I probably make a thousand casts or more in a big day.

I have two one piece rods and one two piece ROD.(all spin rods)

the two piece is a GLoomis and I love it, it my favourite rod.

For me it is all about versatility and travel, I dislike buggering around with my one piece rods in a sedan.

I have recently seen that Nitro released a 5 piece travel rod which I think is a great idea.

Although if it was a relatively short style of baitcaster and travel was not an issue I would go the one peice .

Archived