Crabs!!!

FREEWILLY

i find fish the best.fish frames .pillies if i'm hard up .mullet always seam to work.

never tried the tins of dog or cat food.guess 1 that real fishy would work .

tried chicken and frames and pig parts ,didn't find it any good at all.

usually i would start with mullet .then add fish or frames as i catch them.

with it getting warmer crabbing should get better.

me i crab from end September too end of June.

Mate the best bait i think is just mullet either hole or frames soaked in tuna oil i have got many muddies before usin this but i have heard many other ways but havent really uesed them as much as mullet.You can use catfish too as u will usally catch heaps of them when your out crabbin .

cheers sean

squid. and we also use tuna like fresh caught tuna(guts and non edible parts. also the frame). also fresh caught mackeral. i like making it a mix of the mackeral and squid. although i dont know how much squid cost there. we buy it here for 3bucks for a kilo and a half(frozen). hope it helps

Without a doubt, diver whiting frames. Make bait bags out of gutter guard, jam pack them full of diver whiting frames, then leave them in the back yard the day before you soak the pots. Works everytime, will only last two days maximum in the water, but hands down will get 5 to 1 muddies over mullet anyday. I've done this test many times before, and the whiting frames will always win.

Archived