Camping toilets

Ash

Camping with the wife and daughter this weekend, it has been brought to my attention I may need to look into camping toilets. When i say brought i mean told and when i say may i mean have to.

So what do you campers advise? Ive seen whole setups, but they seem rather expensive. What other options are there?

Again, any help would be good.

Ash

they got them chemical toilets at big w and other places 10 and 20 liter .then a cheap shower/toilet tent.

cpl of trees and a small tarp do about the same at a tent too .X stool with plastic toilet seat.and a bucket drum and a hole about the same too.

i think the chemical toilets are better as u can dump them at a waist point.

most place have toilets these day or toilets close .

the chemical toilets are in a lot of the online shops too.

i reckon u could be able to get a tent and toilet about 100$.

toilet seat from the warehouse $10

25liter bucket with lid $7

tube of silicon $5

silicon the seat to the top of the bucket

when its full or you are leaving peel the seat off and seal the lid on with some more silicon

drop the bucket in the 1st industrial bin you see on the way home

Travis wrote:

By the way guys inskip point.... theyre doing away with the toilets there, dunno when but its happening, theyre building a sewerage plant at the water station in town for emptying porta toilets ;)

well that sucks .they got a toilet dumping thing at the water taps near rainbow .

them toilets at inskip where ok.

Also check the height of the seat if you are an old codger like me they are impossible to get down on and you nearly knock them over when you try to stand.The non chemical ones get a real pong up after a day or so also some of the chemical ones are not too kind on the environment if you intend to bury the spoil.

Cheers

Ray

We have a $70 unit that basically is a moulded seat that has a bucket in it. The trick is to use a waterproof HD garbage bag and take it out daily and put in to a sealed bucket. Then the sealed bucket gets the "Jeff" solution on the way home.

/>http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=2072 porta_nonflush_450.jpg

(almost like jeffs idead, but reckon you buy a metal bin (or 'acquire') then buy a toilet seat and lid, turn the bin upside down and cut a hole to suit the toilet seat and take a shovel. Dig a hole and place the newly created toilet over top, use and abuse, fill in the hole and give the inside of the bin a bit of a clean and your done, no waste to take home. :)

Archived