wanted to buy crabs :D

shark_man

mate there's always muddies at the asian supermarkets... There's a viet shop in West End, dunno what its called and haven't been there for maybe a year but they used to sell live muddies between $15-$25 a kilo depending on season. They're on Vulture St, after the boundary Rd intersection heading towards the primary school on the right.

otherwise... at Market Square Sunnybank, theres a chinese supermarket called Yuens (i think) is in the corner that had a fire a while ago. They'll have them there. About the same price. These guys should also have blue swimmer and maybe spanners as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Shark_man wrote:

how much do they go for?

Trawlers at Cabbage Tree have been selling sandies 3 for $10 for the last 3 weeks(could've been longer). Decent size all around the 16-17(spike to spike mark). I got $20 worth two weeks ago, plus a kilo of bugs for $20. Ate seafood all week, a bit over it now.

Tybo wrote:

Shark_man wrote:

how much do they go for?

Trawlers at Cabbage Tree have been selling sandies 3 for $10 for the last 3 weeks(could've been longer). Decent size all around the 16-17(spike to spike mark). I got $20 worth two weeks ago, plus a kilo of bugs for $20. Ate seafood all week, a bit over it now.

where are these trawlers mate? i'd love to go get a good feed myself. hehe

• 3 months later...

Mobile Fisho guy at Aspley service station has some pretty decent swimmers occasionally. We've got both great and not so great feeds from him. Generally it's around $25 for 3. Not sure if that's cheap or not, but considering I work around the croner from Sammies Girl and seeing their prices, it doesn't seem so bad. :laugh:

Sorry if someone works there or knows someone who does, but that place seems exceptionally expensive from the one and only time I've been in there.

Archived