fish tank

shortie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice.

i used to have 2 clown loaches ,they had scars all over them where they fight.

use the barbs on the mouth ,u hear the clicking as they fight.

the first 1 i got was named dead fish cause the funny way the lay around upside down etc.

the second 1 had 1 blind eye all white .

both of the where about 2 inches when i got them and about 5 inches long when they died.

i had first fish for 5 years and second for 4 years.

• 3 months later...

Nice fish Shortie......

I was suprised at my mates jack....it got to 45cm, and everytime you went even close to the tank he would run and hide behind a rock. Didn't think they were that timid. Mind you chuck in a live anythuing under 10cm and it was interesting watching him ambush attack it.

They may get on for a while but the Jack will start attacking it as they are very territorial and the pleco will enter its territory. Every one I have kept has killed anything that goes in the tank with it. I have seen a 60cm broodstock fish take apart a 2 kg mud crab which was put in the holding tank 4 metre diameter 1 m deep with it nothing left but the carapace.

Steve.

• 2 months later...

shortie wrote:

This hobby is slowing getting out of control.

I have a 96in x 36 x 36 or 244cm x 90 x 90 tank ariving Sunday. Approx 1500 ltrs of water.

And 6 x 4ft tanks and a stand arriving.

richard.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

just what you need... another expensive hobby.

Also.. if and when you need a hand setting up, let me know mate. I'll come round with some beers.

most chichlid species will breed fairly easily- some so well you won't know what to do with them. mouth-brooding species like convicts and jewel cichlids are very easy and have reasonably good re-sale prices if you want to breed commercially. some species of egg layers like tetras are reasonably easy to breed if you have the right set up- a tank with marbles on the bottom to let the eggs fall through and provide hiding space for the little ones will help.

shortie, The chiclids i gave you bread by them selves, all they needed was a good water change every now and then. every time i changed the water the little buggers would go for it and in 2-3 weeks i'd find another hiding away somewhere.

how the little blighters goin??

Archived